+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Tracks

First Tracks

Boyne Mountain here in MI opens Friday (tomorrow, for God's sakes!), the Highlands on Saturday, and many of the Colorado resorts are already open. The early season cold spell has got the snow guns cranking, not to mention a lot of natural (Lake Effect) snow in northern Lower MI. I suspect Nubs is close behind. Anyone going to get first tracks in this weekend? And if it wasn't for this pesky global warming stuff they keep talking about, we could have maybe been skiing 2-3 weeks ago - lol
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Wachusett planning to open this weekend also. Snow forecast for tonight, but rain tomorrow.

We got 12" of heavy wet snow at Okemo yesterday. I did get out the day before to test out my new knee and it worked great.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
    Boyne Mountain here in MI opens Friday (tomorrow, for God's sakes!), the Highlands on Saturday, and many of the Colorado resorts are already open. The early season cold spell has got the snow guns cranking, not to mention a lot of natural (Lake Effect) snow in northern Lower MI. I suspect Nubs is close behind. Anyone going to get first tracks in this weekend? And if it wasn't for this pesky global warming stuff they keep talking about, we could have maybe been skiing 2-3 weeks ago - lol
    Pine Knob opened Nov. 14. I had my high school team on the hill the next day. Today will be my 13th day on snow. It has been a wonderful season so far!

Just got back from 5 days in Beaver Creek - skiing is mid season - tons of snow; only about 1/3 open, but my guess is that was due more to staffing than lack of snow - they have a TON of snow in Colorado right now - by next weekend, I expect every resort in Colorado will be 90% or more open - and watching the World Cup live was just a bonus!
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

+ Reply to Thread