+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Pacetting Trials

2018 National Pacetting Trials

When are the National Pacesetting Trials this year?

I don't know if this is current information since the year is not stated: http://www.nastar.com/events Get there by going to "Race" then "Info" then "Events." I take it that the Forum is either dismantled or under revision? My NASTAR home page no longer has a button linking to the Forum.

To reach Forum you must use Log In on upper left side of Main Page which takes you to new page containing Forum button

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jchjch View Post
    To reach Forum you must use Log In on upper left side of Main Page which takes you to new page containing Forum button
    Thanks jchjch. It seems a rather baroque way to enter the Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeed View Post
    Thanks jchjch. It seems a rather baroque way to enter the Forum.
    Probably a new layer of security to keep unregistered looky looks out of Forum viewing.

Did I just see an instagram post with our Pacesetters (an attractive group I must say) at the National Pacesetting Trials at Copper?

Would have been fun to be there.....no dates announced?

This site is a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by jchjch View Post
    I have been racing NASTAR and a member of this forum for many years. I pretty much check the site daily, even in the off season. For several months, I have tried to log in on the upper RIGHT of this screen to no avail, and if I tried to re-register, I got a notification that registrations were closed or some such. Today, I ignored that message, and was able to log in on a subsequent screen.A. There must be many folks locked out as I have been.B. I can't make sense of the paragraph I quoted above...Do you mean the main NASTAR screen, or this Forum screen? In either case, I see no place to log in on the left side of ANY screen.Will someone please tell the webmasters to please actually TRY their product as a user would?No wonder NASTAR participation (areas and individuals) is dwindling...

And C. Apparently new lines and spacing are ignored by the software!

The main website has improved and is slowly getting better (adding videos, more reliable timing and results, social media feeds etc). I would be willing to bet that there will be changes to the Forum as well. There are new technologies that can replace this dated tool that have better security. If this tool was replaced with a better way for Nastar folks to communicate that would be very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NE1 View Post
    I have been racing NASTAR and a member of this forum for many years. I pretty much check the site daily, even in the off season. For several months, I have tried to log in on the upper RIGHT of this screen to no avail, and if I tried to re-register, I got a notification that registrations were closed or some such. Today, I ignored that message, and was able to log in on a subsequent screen.A. There must be many folks locked out as I have been.B. I can't make sense of the paragraph I quoted above...Do you mean the main NASTAR screen, or this Forum screen? In either case, I see no place to log in on the left side of ANY screen.Will someone please tell the webmasters to please actually TRY their product as a user would?No wonder NASTAR participation (areas and individuals) is dwindling...
    NE1, jchjch means the main NASTAR screen. You log in with your racer login information (upper left), and that brings you to the FORUM link. It is rather baroque, but I think the administrators will work to put a more direct link to the site. Less useful is joining the Facebook NASTAR group. Unfortunately, the discussions are not as comprehensive as they have been on here.

+ Reply to Thread