+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skiers edge

Skiers edge

I have a skiers edge.
    I am curious how many others have one and what is the routine you use it.
    I know the top answer is not enough, but if anyone has comments ideas or routine.
    Please post it?
    Since I have been recovering from knee replacement I have been using it but not as much as I plan to.
    My PT sessions ended last week.

Currently I do 50 side to side motions and then do 3 sets of this. Normally I do it three times a week and not on days I go skating.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pi_guy View Post
    I have a skiers edge. I am curious how many others have one and what is the routine you use it. I know the top answer is not enough, but if anyone has comments ideas or routine. Please post it? Since I have been recovering from knee replacement I have been using it but not as much as I plan to. My PT sessions ended last week. Currently I do 50 side to side motions and then do 3 sets of this. Normally I do it three times a week and not on days I go skating. thanks
    I have a World Cup Skier's Edge. I do not have the balance bar or the counter. I use poles. The resistance pins (short band) are set at 4. The ELT resistance bands are set at low intensity. I have had to replace the bands once in the years since I've had it (~10 years). I use it when the weather is inclement, and I can't get out on my road bicycle. My typical use pattern is every other day for thirty minutes. Sometimes I finish with a minute at sprint pace. I find it boring so I usually have my iPhone's music on to distract myself.

I've got one, an S4 Big Mountain with the electronics, RPM platforms and coach bar. I typically do 1 set of 100 turns as quick as I can a couple times a week leading up to ski season. Bands are set at the max (likely need some new ones) - and I don't have the ELT bands. I use it no handed (air poles), good for balance practice. I tried it a few times with my ski boots on and it worked fairly well, I see they actually sell some platforms that let you clamp your boots in - better not go no handed ;)

+ Reply to Thread