+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Knee replacement.

I suspect it is not going to be a problem, and after all this exercise I will be in the best shape I have been in years.
    Have skated every Tuesday since I posted last. I am now going to puck shooting sessions, I pulled and mangled all the other parts after the first session. I forgot what swinging a stick does to other parts of the body and I pulled a bunch of things in my left leg.
    But have done two sessions since the first and the body parts that had not done that kind of motion are now feeling better, but my shot still sucks.
    I went to an ice skating benefit for blind people that my PT place organized. I was told by my PT that it was too early to skate. I have been asked by most of the staff how do I skate like that? My response was I am not pushing it and it hurts less to skate than to walk.
    Up to 220 on single leg press on replaced knee and max out machine at 380 with both legs.
    Hunter had snow! & it is 40 here.

Just had a doctors check up. X-ray looked good bone all filled in.
    Have been approved for ski racing. Not that the doctor had the final word anyway.
    He checked other knee and it was fine.
    So it is getting cold and I am ready most likely to get on my ski machine today.

I skied today for two hours at Hunter.
    Leg felt great. Have a two hour lesson from a racing coach tomorrow.
    NASTAR is running on Weds.

Update
    Did the NASTAR open at Okemo.
    Had 77 race runs at various ski hills in the northeast this season.
    The last day I raced this season I beat the pace setter I have a signed paper.
    Currently skate 4 times a week with a return to senior hockey after 22 years.
    Now both my knees hurt about the same which is normal, but I do not have the it is going to fail worry that I did before the replacement.

+ Reply to Thread