+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New qualification and Nationals Division Placement rules....

You raise some good points. I'll try to find the answer.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Thank You, Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by patmoore View Post
    You raise some good points. I'll try to find the answer.

Final Average Handicap Placement.

Based on this a lot of racers will be moving down a category. Platinum to Gold, Gold to Silver. My two day average last year was 37.62 This would place me in Silver this year.
    I would hate to go out west with all the expense and have to race Platinum Racers. So based on this I will compete in Silver if this is my interpretation of the new classification rules.

That appears to be correct.

There is a new process for determining divisions for the Liberty Mutual Insurance NASTAR National Championships. The criteria have changed to more accurately place participants in the correct division based on their ability: Platinum Division, Gold Division, Silver Division and Bronze Division within each age and gender group.

Liberty Mutual Insurance NASTAR National Championship participants will be placed in a division based on results within their race profile. The first option listed below that fits a participant's race profile will place them in their division:

Final average handicap from the 2017 NASTAR National Championships
    Best handicap from a 2018 NASTAR Regional Championship event
    NASTAR National ranking handicap from the 2017-18 season (3 race days needed)
    The best handicap earned by March 13th, 2018.

Yes, That;s how I read it also, Your whole division from last year will be in the Silver division this year, should you choose. You can always move up.
    Last edited by NCSkier; 01-19-2018 at 02:40 AM.

Got the answer:

Yes, the concept is to put people in a division based on the terrain they will race on at Nationals. A platinum racer at Okemo might qualify for the silver division based on their result at the Nationals. However, participants can choose to compete in a higher division. For example, a racer that earned silver medal handicaps at the National Championship has the option to compete in the Platinum, Gold or Silver Division.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

That's not fair to the racers in the lower division, Using my division as an example A racer in the gold division at nationals who attains a bronze handicap should not be handicapped the same as a racer In the bronze division at the nationals who attained a bronze handicap. Racing gold on lower All-Out is a far cry from racing bronze on Lower Bashor. A racer dropping two divisions will win every time!! There is way too much differences in the courses in Platinum and gold vs silver and bronze. Nastar has tweaked the breakout rule upwards, to only go up one division, to make it more fair to the ONE racer moving up. They should do likewise going down, not make it unfair to ALL racers in the lower division, this ONE racer is moving down to. Get your head out of you a--, Bill!!
    Got the answer: Yes, the concept is to put people in a division based on the terrain they will race on at Nationals. A platinum racer at Okemo might qualify for the silver division based on their result at the Nationals. However, participants can choose to compete in a higher division. For example, a racer that earned silver medal handicaps at the National Championship has the option to compete in the Platinum, Gold or Silver Division.
    Last edited by NCSkier; 01-20-2018 at 07:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread