+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New qualification and Nationals Division Placement rules....

It was an adventure, Nastar and Squaw adapted very well and pulled it off. Squaws race team/workers/organization went above and beyond.

How did it work out with racers moving down? Was there a problem or did everything work out ok?
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

It seemed to work out fine. There may have been the isolated incidence of someone competing below where he/she should have but it didn't seem to be an issue. One indicator of that is the breakout rule. it's hard to believe but not a single racer got bumped up this year.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Quote Originally Posted by patmoore View Post
    It seemed to work out fine. There may have been the isolated incidence of someone competing below where he/she should have but it didn't seem to be an issue. One indicator of that is the breakout rule. it's hard to believe but not a single racer got bumped up this year.
    Good to hear there were no issues - no breakouts - Maybe a testament to moving the lower division racers onto the lower (and more difficult) Red Dog run?
    Last edited by Racer X; 03-28-2018 at 04:35 AM.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

There were only 7 racers(of 42 bumped down) from last year that were registered to race this year, that bumped down 2 or more I haven't gone through the results to tally where any placed. Conditions were challenging, so not surprising no one broke out/up
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
    Good to hear there were no issues - no breakouts - Maybe a testament to moving the lower division racers onto the lower (and more difficult) Red Dog run?

The courses were definitely challenging. I checked the results off all Platinum Racers over the age of 45 on Saturday and the average handicap was 39.97!!!! Clearly, the former World Cup racers were used to courses like this but the rest of us, not so much..... I need to practice on more difficult courses.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

I hope Nastar considers keeping everything at the bottom, as they had to do Saturday. Putting Platinum over on Red Dog with Gold only marginally lengthened the time to complete racing. I didn't race very well, but it was a fun challenge and hope Nastar keeps the same courses. I know the parents that don't ski enjoyed being able to watch their children race
    Quote Originally Posted by patmoore View Post
    The courses were definitely challenging. I checked the results off all Platinum Racers over the age of 45 on Saturday and the average handicap was 39.97!!!! Clearly, the former World Cup racers were used to courses like this but the rest of us, not so much..... I need to practice on more difficult courses.

+ Reply to Thread