+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New race event sequence.......good work

Does anyone know where "Killy's" run is at Squaw? I can't seem to find it on the trail map.

Quote Originally Posted by Monpick View Post
    Does anyone know where "Killy's" run is at Squaw? I can't seem to find it on the trail map.
    My understanding is that Killy's is adjacent to the current terrain park on the upper mountain. You would access it by taking the Siberia lift and skiing the Siberia Ridge to get to it. It is between Mainline on the map and the Gold Coast Express lift.

I did some snowboard race training at Squaw two years ago. I was told the course was where daily NASTAR is held. Maybe someone can confirm? Here's a video I shot that day:

https://youtu.be/-SNHpINoMzk
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Quote Originally Posted by patmoore View Post
    I did some snowboard race training at Squaw two years ago. I was told the course was where daily NASTAR is held. Maybe someone can confirm? Here's a video I shot that day: https://youtu.be/-SNHpINoMzk
    Pat, the course where the daily NASTAR was held is Motts. It is skier's left off the Emigrant lift. You can also access it from the Gold Coast Express lift.

Super Moderator

Upper Mt. Race Venues

The plan is to keep the pubic NASTAR race venue on Eagle Pass open during the event for training/practice. Killy's and Mott's are great venues that will provide longer race venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Monpick View Post
    Wow.....I was feeling pretty good about myself for a while. I only get to ski a couple of times a year (not many ski areas in Miami area), my times improve every year and I got to race platinum during the nationals last year on the run used for the Race of Champions and put in a respectable performance... Then I look at the race schedule for 2018 and find out that I have been demoted....just because I turned 60. They moved my group to an easier run. I hope you really do get to go faster when you go over the hill............especially if the hill isn't as steep...
    Yeah, I have one more year before I turn 60 and not really thrilled with a demotion either. You doing Crescent Steamboat this year Steve?

I am going to try to go......not sure if I can make it work yet......

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeed View Post
    Pat, the course where the daily NASTAR was held is Motts. It is skier's left off the Emigrant lift. You can also access it from the Gold Coast Express lift.
    I found Julia's Gold at the base area on the map but I don't see the other trails. Here's a link to the map.
    https://images.ski.com/docs/trail-ma...-trail-map.pdf
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Quote Originally Posted by patmoore View Post
    I found Julia's Gold at the base area on the map but I don't see the other trails. Here's a link to the map. https://images.ski.com/docs/trail-ma...-trail-map.pdf
    The other trails are not listed on the map. As I understand the concept, the trails on the upper mountain are picked to funnel into Gold Coast. You probably remember how your NASTAR training course was just a short downhill ski to Gold Coast, with its observation deck, restaurant, rest rooms and Starbucks coffee.

There is usually a map put together by Nastar that outlines each run and identifies the divisions that are associated with each run. I would assume that they will do the same this year.....

By the way......still bummed out about being demoted.... :) Even if I make Platinum this year....don't get to run against the boys with the big-boy ski suits. Fuxi gets a break this year....I am sure he was concerned.

(sarcasm......but wish I could still run with them)

Looking forward to Squaw....

+ Reply to Thread