+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New race event sequence.......good work

New race event sequence.......good work

I really like the new race event sequence. The slalom and team events are great warmups for the Age Group division competitions. And the big finale being the Race of Champions.....

Looking forward to this year!!!!!!

Where did you find that info??

Quote Originally Posted by NCSkier View Post
    Click on the Nationals tab on the website, then scroll down a bit and click on Competition Format under Race information.....you need to read down a bit. It is a little buried.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSkier View Post
    Ooops....just click on the Nationals tab and read down a bit.

It must be Friday

I see they went back to GS races on Friday and Saturday

The only thing I don't care for is the Race of Champions on Sunday. My son competed in this event this year and I think he would have a good chance of qualifying next year. However, I plan to use Sunday as a travel day and not burn an extra vacation day or pay another nights lodging. My $0.02.

That is a really good point....I am an east coaster and the only good options for flights require early morning departure. Even if I don't make the finals, I do like to hang around and watch...

NCSkier......I was reading some of the details in the Nationals tab. It states that starting order for Friends event is based on registration date/time, first come first served. If they actually follow the rules for start sequence next year, it will pay to register early.

Quote Originally Posted by Monpick View Post
    NCSkier......I was reading some of the details in the Nationals tab. It states that starting order for Friends event is based on registration date/time, first come first served. If they actually follow the rules for start sequence next year, it will pay to register early.
    Thanks, After last years chaos I would imagine(hope) it would be better organized.

Smile

Wow.....I was feeling pretty good about myself for a while. I only get to ski a couple of times a year (not many ski areas in Miami area), my times improve every year and I got to race platinum during the nationals last year on the run used for the Race of Champions and put in a respectable performance... Then I look at the race schedule for 2018 and find out that I have been demoted....just because I turned 60. They moved my group to an easier run.

I hope you really do get to go faster when you go over the hill............especially if the hill isn't as steep...

+ Reply to Thread