+ Reply to Thread

Thread: National Rules

National Rules

Please have both runs go by the start list. If someone is not there go to the next number. Directions by the staff that the second run is first come first serve is not a good thing. The start list was created for a reason. Lets eliminate the human element and the bad blood that this first come forts serve approach creates.

National Rules

Hmmm--On Lower Bashor courses we lined up by bib number for 2nd runs in my 75-79 age group.Both days..And one fellow who failed to note he was bumped up was reminded by his new higher division that's where he would be racing..Plus race staff were walking around with lists to ensure compliance--calling out numbers who had not yet appeared.

A run order for the Friends race on Upper Bashor would have been nice. Things did start to get a little ugly. Adults couldn't set the right example. Karl

My 1st post in a very long time.....Upper All Out, 2nd runs first come first served, Lower All Out, but girls gold U12 decided to all sit until they were all there. Made the starter grumpy. During the family race, the failure to use the start list only encouraged families to jump the line, using mob rules while pointedly telling us no one from NASTAR was there, they worked for Steamboat and not NASTAR and didn't care what the start list was provided you got most of your team together before you ran was a total Fuster Cluck. Steamboat race staff for family which was Steamboat paid staff and not volunteer staff acquitted themselves poorly. The volunteers performed much more professionally. I guess volunteers welcomed being there while the Steamboat race staff resented getting time and a half to babysit a bunch of NASTAR racers...as a long term coach / race staff member of another resort, I was embarrassed that NASTAR left us in the hands of a race staff that could care less about running a smooth and organized race for the families. After 10 trips to Nationals for me and my family, probably not going back if at Steamboat, start lists won't be followed. NASTAR should have a NASTAR official at the top of every course. If you take our money, at least manage our races properly. The same efficiency we see at a USSA Race or even our local beer league should be present at the worlds largest recreational race.

Nastar Rules

I Agree, Mob rule never works.....Lots of tension at the top of Upper Basher......Just follow the Start list and all is well.

Its Nastars Nationals, I think they should have some skin in the game, seems its gotten less and less with USSA running the show. Nastar should be playing, not sitting on the bench.

+ Reply to Thread