+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kudos to Mt Brighton and Team XLR8

Kudos to Mt Brighton and Team XLR8

One of my training partners with the Team XLR8 Adult Race Training program at Mt Brighton, Larry Burroughs, is ranked high in the Male 70-74 division this season, both in the state of Michigan and nationally.

He has been skiing and racing really well this year, is a great and enthusiastic supporter of the kids in the Team XLR8 program, and is at Mt Brighton all the time, racing himself and encouraging and cheering the kids on. He has never attended Nationals, and in spite of his fine season, and despite the encouragement of many of us, he has been reluctant to go.

Well last Friday night, team XLR8 Race Director Brian Lovejoy organized a suprise fundraiser at Mt Brighton to help get Larry over the hump. The special "Send Larry To Nationals" race night, featured over 50 Team XLR8 members and supporters running through the gates at Mt Brighton, with unlimited racing for a donation of your choice. The night was a huge success, with enough donations raised to send Larry to Nationals.

I know Mt Brighton takes a hit on this forum at times, but overwhelming kudos need to be extended to the staff at Mt Brighton, XLR8 race team director Brian Lovejoy, and all the Team XLR8 members and friends who showed up and donated to the cause. It's heartwarming to see when racers come together to support one of their own, and they should all be commended. Congrats to you all! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy or better racer.

Good luck at Nationals, my friend. You and the entire XLR8 Race Team Family are already winners, in my book!
    Last edited by Racer X; 03-09-2015 at 05:37 AM. Reason: iPad formatting
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Great post! I look forward to meeting Larry in Snowmass and wish him the best of luck.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Mt. B / XLR8

AWESOME !!!!!!
    I know Larry and Racer X is right, He is a great guy

Best of luck, Ski Fast Larry !!!!!

Way to go Mt. Brighton and XLR8

Rod & Kristina Danko
    "The skiing is the easy part"

That's awesome! Best of luck, Larry! Kudos to Mt. Brighton and xlr8 and supporters

+ Reply to Thread