+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nastar Attendance

Nastar Attendance

Nastar is alive and well at Nubs Nob. Yesterday we had 100 racers. It is great to see that the changes this year at Nubs are working. There were no course delays due to the new brushes on the gate poles. It was good to see so many young and old racers .

Quote Originally Posted by Great Banana View Post
    Nastar is alive and well at Nubs Nob. Yesterday we had 100 racers. It is great to see that the changes this year at Nubs are working. There were no course delays due to the new brushes on the gate poles. It was good to see so many young and old racers .
    Since many of us won't make it to nubs this winter, I'm curious to see what you've done up there - brushes on gate poles? What's that? Post some pics so we can see what you're talking about.Thanks!
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Looks like attendance is down at many other areas though
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Heard there were over 100 of Great Bananas close personal buddies at the Speed Series race at Nubs Nob the other night also.

Quote Originally Posted by offthecouch View Post
    Heard there were over 100 of Great Bananas close personal buddies at the Speed Series race at Nubs Nob the other night also.
    A Super G on Valley would bring out a crowd - if it wasn't 6 hours away, I probably would have been there

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
    Since many of us won't make it to nubs this winter, I'm curious to see what you've done up there - brushes on gate poles? What's that? Post some pics so we can see what you're talking about.Thanks!
    The gates are not the screw in type but have angled brushes that go in to the snow. These do not come out and so there are no delays due to gates being knocked out by racers. Yesterday we had 80 racers . As also stated we had 108 racers on the last speed series. The race next Fri. night is a GS on Smokey. I have invited my sons Gaylord high school team to come and race this event. Should be another great turn out.

+ Reply to Thread