+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race Equipment demos

Race Equipment demos

Do any of you know of a place in Summit County that will demo race equipment? We are going to be at Copper for Spring Break and my son is at the age and ability (USSA racer) that he can now tell the difference in different brands and since he's going to need new equipment across the board next year, Slalom, GS and SuperG skis, I thought it would be good to have him demo from several manufacturers instead of just skiing whatever I find deals on. Here in the Midwest it's hard to find places that will do this and I was hoping that maybe in CO someone would be doing it. If someone does know of a shop in WI I'd be interested in that too.
    Thanks!

Wild Mountain just across the border in MN typically has demo/rental racing skis from Joes Sporting goods. Might be worth talking to either Joes or Wild to see what is available.

I'd be surprised if Afton/Hoigaards hasn't set something up as well since Vail bought both of them it would make sense that they would have some sort of program - but I don't know.

Also try to go to Nastar Nationals out in Snowmass where there are usually many race demo tents set up. Maybe Pat Moore or the Bear could chime in and list the availability at Nationals for the last couple years.

Not sure about the Nationals but SuburbanSkiAndBike.com will have demo race skis at the NASTAR Eastern Championships at Okemo Jan 31 and Feb 1.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

+ Reply to Thread