+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Improving my start, where to start?

Each ramp is a bit different. That being said, being a good skater, strong solid pole plants with good push off with upper body help. Not falling out of the start whether you do a big kick or just get the forward movement of the body before the legs trip the wand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwj09uwQD3A

a few things i noticed about the herminator, other than his amazing kick start, his poles were super long, and he looked very intense!

ive always had longer poles, but i think im going to plant them as high up as possible next race.

Aksel Lund Svindal's start

I don't know if the link will open (it's a Longines sponsored Eurosport video), but by way of explanation the video shows Svindal's start on a downhill run. His start is compared with another competitor. Only the comments at the starting wand are applicable to a NASTAR course because we don't have much distance to the first gate. At 1:25 of the video, the push off is highlighted, followed by leg extension, and then body propulsion. https://www.facebook.com/groups/17599631702/

I couldn't get that link to work. When I went to the Masters Facebook page I was able to find it by scrolling down. I'm trying to find a direct link but not having much luck.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Quote Originally Posted by patmoore View Post
    I couldn't get that link to work. When I went to the Masters Facebook page I was able to find it by scrolling down. I'm trying to find a direct link but not having much luck.
    I tried looking all over the Longines' Eurosport website to find a direct link, but I couldn't find one so I published the Masters' Facebook page link. As of this morning the video is the 8th story down from the top... and it will move lower as new pages are added to the Masters' Facebook page.

The Longines Eurosport video link

The video link to improving the start now shows up on the Longines page. As before only a part (at 1:25) is relevant to a NASTAR course start. http://www.eurosport.com/alpine-skii...02/story.shtml
    Last edited by iSpeed; 09-01-2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: correcting information

+ Reply to Thread