+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HEad Skis With Kers

Hybrid View

HEad Skis With Kers

I have tried these head skis with kers. The magnum, the supershape and i gs model and my new pair the titan. I skied the titan through a nastar course and just about died. I keep getting a weird sensation- where the tails want to skid out. I didnt even medal on this years skis (titans). I used to ski atomics and get golds and occasional platinum medals. I skied 1 race this year and couldnt believe my results were than bad. I know other people ski heads - whats is the trick? I am not this bad!

my brother says its clearly the operator.. and I am sure it is, but its has to be my style that just doesnt match the kers or something.

I've got a set of iSpeeds with kers (what ever the heck that actually means) I don't think they ski radically different than any other ski I've used.

I certainly hope they don't ski any differently. I just bought a pair of Head Supershape iMagnum today and hope I didn't waste my money. My husband is still giving me the glare for spending the money.....

I think the Kers is just a marketing thing...but what do I know.

CTC
    Last edited by ChiTownChick; 02-17-2013 at 12:53 AM.

I have the Titan and I Speeds. Love both of them.
    I use the Titan (177) for free skiing and the I Speed (185) for racing.

Couple thoughts

Stay forward, load the nose and make sure you have the bindings in the correct position for your boot sole length...the shop maybe have set them back

I have the 185 Ispeed, moved to them from 182 Atomic...ski just fine, I'm more consistent on them and HC Vs AJ similar to prior years.......have you had them ground? Any chance they screwed it up?

Were your old skis ground to specific edge angles (like 1/3) and your new ones at factory specs?

I bought mine from Artech Ski, they set edges at 1/3 before shipping to me. I would buy them again tommorrow.

I finally got to try out my new Head iMagnums today with the Kers and they are fantastic. Beavis if you are still having trouble with the Titans I would take them back and see if there is something that needs adjusting.

These skis are really great, I can't believe the difference from the skis I have been using the past few years. They turn so easily and very tightly and handle ice like its nothing. The edges are really nice. They feel the same no matter if the snow is loose or crusty corduroy. I am very glad I bought them.

I will say that you have to stay really forward and maintain an athletic stance, where the skis are aligned with the hips. They don't like being too close together. I felt like they forced me to do both things, which of course is what we are supposed to do. I think I skied better on them than I have skied in years.

I hope you get to the root of the problem Beavis so you can enjoy your new skis.

CTC
    Last edited by ChiTownChick; 03-03-2013 at 12:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread