+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unused Atomic LT II's for sale...Atomic NeoX Bindings and risers...170 cm

Unused Atomic LT II's for sale...Atomic NeoX Bindings and risers...170 cm

I bought these online and the end of season a couple of years ago, took them out all of 2 complete runs. This is more racing ski than I am capable of, so I'd like to sell them. $800 + shipping from Kentucky. pedradmd@gmail.com. Write me and you can have them before Nationals :)
    Photos can be sent by email.

OK, I'm gonna be a total jerk...so no need to tell me but....................

In my humble but semi informed opinion, Buyer beware on this one. Never ever poster to the forum and $800?

Would have been a fair retail in 2005/6......what binding does it have?

Revising my estimate of value: $250 to 300 with Neox 412 or 614, if it has also been ground and had the edges set and someone really wants a soft ski in a what 16M?

For more info on the LT11, see these Nastar FOrum Posts from 2005, last year ski was made I believe was 2006.

http://forums.nastar.com/showthread.php?757-Atomic-LT-11-vs-ST-11-What-is-the-difference

A
    set just sold on Ebay for $147.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atomic-LT-11...item35c415c3b0

Like I said, I'm a jerk....
    Last edited by cinciracer; 02-16-2013 at 05:25 AM.

jerk, not, but buyer beware ?

i race nastar infrequently, i posted like crazy when i started racing in 2001...i was one of the early posters on the Forum but burned out on it...

i bought these new, i used them once or twice, enough to know they are too much ski for me...

busy skiing fats in powder most of the time, i was silly to buy a racing ski...

if you want more on me, see Levin, Melanie race results...i podium'd on rossignol b2's b/c i am more comfortable on my all mountain old skis than racers

i'm not a 'buyer beware' type, perhaps misinformed about the market for used (even if not at all) skis

Quote Originally Posted by cinciracer View Post
    OK, I'm gonna be a total jerk...so no need to tell me but....................

In my humble but semi informed opinion, Buyer beware on this one. Never ever poster to the forum and $800?

Would have been a fair retail in 2005/6......what binding does it have?

Revising my estimate of value: $250 to 300 with Neox 412 or 614, if it has also been ground and had the edges set and someone really wants a soft ski in a what 16M?

For more info on the LT11, see these Nastar FOrum Posts from 2005, last year ski was made I believe was 2006.

http://forums.nastar.com/showthread.php?757-Atomic-LT-11-vs-ST-11-What-is-the-difference

A
    set just sold on Ebay for $147.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atomic-LT-11...item35c415c3b0

Like I said, I'm a jerk....

and PS re: the Price...

most skis are said to have a 100 day 'life' before they die...these are 'new'
    doesn't matter when they were made

mine are new, hence 2/3 price what i paid, but willing to consider offer

Quote Originally Posted by MelOnWheels View Post
    i race nastar infrequently, i posted like crazy when i started racing in 2001...i was one of the early posters on the Forum but burned out on it...

i bought these new, i used them once or twice, enough to know they are too much ski for me...

busy skiing fats in powder most of the time, i was silly to buy a racing ski...

if you want more on me, see Levin, Melanie race results...i podium'd on rossignol b2's b/c i am more comfortable on my all mountain old skis than racers

i'm not a 'buyer beware' type, perhaps misinformed about the market for used (even if not at all) skis

It also depends on how they were stored, their position and temp. humidity, etc. I have stored skis for summer in my temp. and humidity controlled storage closet standing upright with a coat of yellow protective wax only to find that they have delaminated, (in one atomic race ski only one year old), and are no longer cambered as well and have lost stiffness, (in two others that were getting up to 5 and 6 years old). So no it doesn't just depend on how many days they were skied. Just like ski boots the materials will break down in skis too with age and will do so quicker if stored in non optimal or extreme conditions like a hot garage or attic.

You also never specified what DIN range or model the NEOX bindings were. That might also make a difference to a prospective buyer. Atomic has made some pretty big changes in their race skis since that model came out and you can pick up brand new 2013 skis online right now with the latest Redster D2 technology from $699-$1099 depending on size, type and bindings from several places such as http://www.artechski.com/Atomic-Race...FdE-MgodDDMABQ. You might want to ski swap yours for a little less $ in my opinion.
    Last edited by TeamHub390; 04-08-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Red face Atomic LT 11 skis

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHub390 View Post
    It also depends on how they were stored, their position and temp. humidity, etc. I have stored skis for summer in my temp. and humidity controlled storage closet standing upright with a coat of yellow protective wax only to find that they have delaminated, (in one atomic race ski only one year old), and are no longer cambered as well and have lost stiffness, (in two others that were getting up to 5 and 6 years old). So no it doesn't just depend on how many days they were skied. Just like ski boots the materials will break down in skis too with age and will do so quicker if stored in non optimal or extreme conditions like a hot garage or attic.

You also never specified what DIN range or model the NEOX bindings were. That might also make a difference to a prospective buyer. Atomic has made some pretty big changes in their race skis since that model came out and you can pick up brand new 2013 skis online right now with the latest Redster D2 technology from $699-$1099 depending on size, type and bindings from several places such as http://www.artechski.com/Atomic-Race...FdE-MgodDDMABQ. You might want to ski swap yours for a little less $ in my opinion.
    The 2005 Atomic LT 11 race skis are awesome and was great technology at the time. I have 2 pairs of them in 160cm, and absolutely Love them! I have run them ragged and have scored Nationals medals on these sweet race puppies. I'm overdue to upgrade, and I'd buy them again in a 160cm, but technology has changed and better skis are out now. The closest I could find to this old model is the new Atomic Redster LT or the Redster Edge GS, but they are only sold in Europe. Retail on new ones is about 700 Euros, roughly $700.-800.00 brand new. I'm drooling here! Got Passport?

Still for sale...will take 400

i still have these for sale, just stopped trying to sell them. still unused. $400...

used for approx 3 runs.

write me at pedradmd@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lil-Feet View Post
    The 2005 Atomic LT 11 race skis are awesome and was great technology at the time. I have 2 pairs of them in 160cm, and absolutely Love them! I have run them ragged and have scored Nationals medals on these sweet race puppies. I'm overdue to upgrade, and I'd buy them again in a 160cm, but technology has changed and better skis are out now. The closest I could find to this old model is the new Atomic Redster LT or the Redster Edge GS, but they are only sold in Europe. Retail on new ones is about 700 Euros, roughly $700.-800.00 brand new. I'm drooling here! Got Passport?

+ Reply to Thread