+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NASTAR Eastern Championships Feb 1-3 Okemo Mountain, VT

Wow, looks like a great turnout for this event! Glad to see so many racers enjoying a large Nastar event.

Congrats to all competitors!

CTC

Had a blast! Thanks for a great weekend of racing! See you in Aspen!
    Last edited by Connor Doran; 02-05-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Nice job Pat!

What a weekend! Just got back to CT this morning and have to head to the shop this morning before going to Monday Night Racing after work.

We had a wonderful event at Okemo with nearly 250 racers. Weather cooperated beautifully and we had a dedicated crew making sure things went smoothly. At the banquet raffle I even won a GoPro!

I was fortunate to win my age group in boarding and skiing but faced the quandary of which to race on for the Race of Champions. I opted to run on the board and it was a wise decision.

If you have access to Facebook, check out the race photos and podium shoots on SuburbanSkiAndBike.com's Facebook page.

Bill, AJ and the rest of their crew worked their butts off to make it a successful weekend. A big NASTAR community thank you goes out to them.

Last edited by patmoore; 02-04-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

The Eastern Open was a blast! The turnout was great and the racing was excellent! Bill, AJ, Pat, Todd, and the entire NASTAR crew did a great job and deserve a ton of thanks. Pat, the photos are great and we enjoyed catching up with you this weekend. See everyone at Nationals!
    Head World Cup i.Speed SW SP13 175 cm
    Head Free Flex Pro 14
    Head Raptor 130 RS
    Leki World Cup GS Trigger S

Pat and Bill, I had a great time last weekend. It was really great to see so many competitve racers at one NASTAR event. Was the largest regional in a long time. Really great to see many of you up there. Okemo put on a good show.

I am confused as well about the combined Plat/Gold and Silver/Bronze combined awards as my 9 year old daughter ran faster than ever and pushed her into the gold division and she figured out while I was racing in the afternoon that she was top in the Gold Division from the NASTAR computer site but later that night... their was just 3 girls who posted platninum times that took all the combined Plat/Gold medals. That was a big let down post banquet / awards ceremony. Does her gold times qualify her in the gold division for nationals or not? I think the national invite was what she was really bummed about.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 02-05-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Hi Bill,

At all the Opens, the turnout hasn't warranted four different categories. In any event, your daughter is ranked #2 at one resort and #1 at another. Since the rules have been modified to qualify the top five at each resort within each age/medal category, she should have an excellent chance of qualifying for Snowmass.

Hope to see you out there!
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Congrats Pat. Glad to see the great turnout.

We has a great time. the course held up really well. Only two suggestions for the future:1. Racers could not hear or see their times at the finish. 2. More importantly, NASTAR offered discounted 3 day lift tickets. These could not be purchased at the normal ticket windows but only at registration. That does not work well when registration does not open until later on Friday - 12pm according to the program. You lose half a ski day that way.
    It was nice to see that recreational racing is alive and well in the East.

I got there Friday at 8:30 and they were ready to sell tickets at the NASTAR table in the competition center. We were skiing by 9:00. They weren't handing out bib stickers or goodies yet, but they were selling lift tickets.

+ Reply to Thread