+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ROLL CALL! U.P. Open.... Who's in?

Really bummed I'm going to miss - ski fast!
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Jamie - what is the schedule, do we start on the Super Nastar Saturday morning at 10am like last year?

Just wondering when to be where. I don't think the lift ticket booth opened up until 9am last year - if I remember correctly. I am getting excited and even looking forward to the drive up.

See you Saturday!

CTC

Full Schedule is here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9m...WlNb3hkalpjLUk

The schedule is slightly different this season. There is a junior race that morning on Cliff's Ridge, so we are starting with regular Nastar first, then Super Nastar after lunch. If you want to pre-register, you can call Jesie in the ticket office at 906-225-1155, or she can also be reached at tickets@marquettemountain.com
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

I think this is the latest list of people from this forum.... Who am I missing?

1. ChiTown Chick
    2. Lost Yooper
    3. Great Banana
    4. Junior Banana
    5. Chase
    6. Rod Danko
    7. Christina
    8. TeamHub390
    9. SkiDaUP
    10. Jonpelliot

Ok now that I have seen the schedule I am even more psyched for the event. I am glad we are doing Cliff's in the afternoon so I don't use all of my legs up in the morning...and I am looking forward to the Nastar slalom. I have never raced slalom but as long as you use the stubby gates I will try it for the first time. I like to learn new things. You all have to promise not to laugh at me! HA! HA!

I will call Jesie and sign up this week.

CTC
    Last edited by ChiTownChick; 01-07-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Jamie,

Kind of a weird question, but: my company is really awesome about "wellness" and as such, they reimburse us for race entry fees (up to $30/race, 9 races/year). Is there any way I could get some kind of receipt(s) for the NASTAR fees this weekend? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Jamie,

Kind of a weird question, but: my company is really awesome about "wellness" and as such, they reimburse us for race entry fees (up to $30/race, 9 races/year). Is there any way I could get some kind of receipt(s) for the NASTAR fees this weekend? Thanks!
    The drinking may offset any "wellness" but whatever... :) A receipt is no problem at all!

Jamie I have to say the weather looks not so good. I guess my main concern is that it will not freeze down and the rain will make for soft snow. Conditions like this usually lead to very rutted up race courses. Racing in the rain also makes for poor vis with the goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Banana View Post
    Jamie I have to say the weather looks not so good. I guess my main concern is that it will not freeze down and the rain will make for soft snow. Conditions like this usually lead to very rutted up race courses. Racing in the rain also makes for poor vis with the goggles.
    It it supposed to be below freezing overnight Friday and Saturday night. The forecasts I have seen have said snow, not rain?? I guess there could be a first, but I don't think I've ever seen rain in January. Our hill has an amazingly good solid base right now, and this time of year the sun angles don't hit the hill all day. It's always in shade, so as long as it freezes overnight it takes a long time to soften to a point that is detrimental to racing.

I'm not too worried about it, but I guess we'll see how it's looking as the weekend gets a little closer.

I use the NOAA weather which is pretty accurate. You can use the pinpoint forecast for the weather right at Marquette Mtn. Right now they are calling for a high on Fri. of 38 and a 40% chance of rain. Fri night low of 33 and a chance of rain. Sat. a high of 38 and a chance of rain. Sat. night the low is 17 so it will freeze down very hard. I will continue to watch the weather.

+ Reply to Thread