+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Holiday Valley, Ellicottville NY updates 2013

After getting skunked (no race) all of January I was going to complain, since part of the reason I like to go to HV is NASTAR. I'm glad you addressed this. Since Feb. 15 I've gotten in 5 race days, so it's all good.

Complaints? Please let your front desk people know if you have a cancellation. Also, the 'drop in' to the starting gate area is damned sketchy, especially for snowboarders. I've taken to considering it a challenge and keep track of my successful stopping percentage. Last week: 82%. Best ever.

Otherwise, you run a great program. Good mix of course sets, witty announcer, and good pacesetter who runs hard. Now, if only I could get faster.

Hey Dan we really appreciate your input. You (and Patty) are one of NASTAR's best customers since 2002. I'm also always fighting for higher handicap for snowboards.

We always try to inform people via customer service/phone for cancellations. This year we had a few windows of snowmaking opportunities that ended up providing the base we needed for a long season. FYI we should run till late March.
    You are going to want click here http://www.holidayvalley.com/

Well NASTAR has shut down for the season, thanks all for your support. That does not mean there isn't plenty of sliding left; this is the schedule for the rest of the year:

[h=5]- This year will go down in Holiday Valley history as the season that never ends…the bountiful snow cover, excellent snow surface and favorable weather forecast allow us to extend the season! So- here are the details for the rest of the season-
    1. 6 lifts are scheduled to run March 25-28: Sunrise, Cindy’s, Creekside, Mardi Gras, Yodeler and Morning Star with 39 or 40 slopes.
    2. We plan to add Tannenbaum lift on Friday March 29
    3. We will offer twilight skiing again this Friday and Saturday, March 29 and 30. Cindy’s and Sunrise will be open until 9:00PM (yes, 9:00). Lift tickets for 4:00 to 9:00 are $20.
    4. We will add 2 more lifts for this weekend for a total of 9 lifts for March 30-31. Most likely these addtional lifts will be Eagle and Chute or SnowPine.
    5. 5 lifts are scheduled to run April 1-7: Sunrise, Cindy’s, Mardi Gras, Yodeler and Morning Star. Creekside to be determined, depending on ski school.
    6. We will run one lift (Yodeler) from April 8 to April 12 from 9AM to 4:30 PM. Up to 12 trails will be open for skiing and riding. Ticket price TBA
    7. We will run additional lifts (TBA) on April 13-14 from 8:30AM to 4:30PM.
    8. The End…
    All of these plans are subject to change with weather and skier traffic, so spread the word![/h]
    You are going to want click here http://www.holidayvalley.com/

Patrick and Dana, thanks for all the work you did to help made this a great season. And it continues! Patty and I will be out on Friday and Saturday, staying in Tamarack, and maybe again on the 12th and 13th. If either of you are around and just enjoying some unbelievable spring conditions, you should join us for a meal or a few runs. I still haven't actually met Dana.

+ Reply to Thread