+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Turn your iPhone into a split screen video on race day

Turn your iPhone into a split screen video on race day

Check out the iPHONE app Snow Pro in 2013. Value added and fun on Race day... The app delivers an easy to use video split screen for the user to view with friends and family when skiing and snowboarding on the hill, race course or terrain park. Provision believes split screen video for the IPHONE is fresh approach to video for snow sports. The app is fun to use while beneficial, entertaining, and a self creative way to capture your alpine experience. Not forgetting the bragging rights in comparing and viewing with friends , family and coaches.

ProvisionSport main intent was to make this an easy to use app for on hill viewing . Simply select the split screen feature in the app. From there just point and click from any two selected video in your iPhones camera roll taken on the ski hill. The app in turn will deliver an instant split screen view of your selected videos directly on your iPhone. DOUBLING the fun and satisfaction of videoing on the
    mountain.

*** Note value added for NASTAR racing - The Snow Pro app will allow NASTAR members to take race video from YouTube or Television using their iPhone and split the screen with your own video in your camera roll. Meaning video Ted Ligity NASTAR pace setting run through your iPhone and match up with your personal racing video from any of your NASTAR events in a split screen video. Or Video your first and second run and get a split screen of both

The Snow Pro app is a simple to use game changer. Differing from all other video ski apps such as VI GOLF, DARTFISH , SPRONGO . No drawing lines or writing text, no learning curve for cumbersome downloads to a file. Just take your video, select any two videos and receive a split screen view instantly on your iPhone. The app will also deliver slow motion, stop and start features. Great for on hill or lift ride viewing.
    In addition to the split screen - SNOW PRO delivers two other valued and entertaining features.
    Ģ A wide range of ski and snowboarding YOUTUBE videos categorized as Advanced, Intermediate and Beginner.
    Ģ A World wide ski resort library with webcams, trail maps and snow reports.

Sounds pretty cool. Any plans for an Android version?

Interesting. I just downloaded it. I guess I need to upload some footage to my iPhone when I get home tonight. I have some video of a few of us running snowboard gates at Okemo last year. I also have my ski videos from last year's nationals. It would be cool to do a comparison with the guy who beat me.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Nope, I just don't want to see how bad I look side by side with Ted, ........or Julia either. But maybe it's worth it for the comedy effect?

Took me a while to convert the videos to MP4 and match them up so that they are in sync but here it is. The video of the iPhone display is shot with a point and shoot camera so the quality suffers but you get the idea. Part way through the playback I tapped the slowmotion button. The video is of the first run on Friday of the Men's 65-69 Platinum division. On top is Dennis Novak and myself on the bottom. We finished 1-2 in the event. For this run, the pacesetter was AJ Kitt with a time of 28.11. Dennis's time was 30.43 (10.41 HC) and I was clocked at 31.09 (12.81 HC). This is a great tool to see where I lost time.

View My Video

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Pat,
    Thanks for taking the trouble to process those videos so that we could better see what the app looks like. I'm questioning if it would allow me to make an onhill adjustment based on a real time video. If the course error was egregious, I would remember that and not need the video evidence. Perhaps correcting more subtle line choices would make it a useful real time tool IF I could even make those adjustments! ;)

Hey guys this is Jim Dougherty from Provision "snow pro"... sorry for taking so long to respond was in Vail doing R&D for the app ..... Great feedback from all. Pat - Great work with the demo video ( i sent you my email please forward me you demo in this forum) FYI - we will have the IPDAD version out soon... with individual stop and start for each screen and A possible andriod version By midyear... lets get the creative juices flowing and let me know how we can improve and get the app out there to all of NASTAR community. Our goal is to make the app simple to use and keep the cost low for all to enjoy ... Note the video section of the app is a promoting and entertainment tool.... so if any of you have interest in that please let me know....

HI Jim,

I'll send you the video when I get home.

The slow motion and pause features are very helpful. At one point in the comparison, it's clear I'm in the back seat and Dennis is well balanced over his skis. At the next gate I skidded and lost valuable time. As a result I'm going to try to change the ramp angle in my setup and experiment.

Last night I showed the app to Warren Witherell and he seemed impressed. I think I'll get a lot of use out of it this season.

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Pat being a PSIA guy for 32 years I am impressed and humbled Warren sees value... Please let him know .... I sent you my contact info via email . I would like to send you additional info

Hopefully the ipad version of snow pro will be out before 12/21... Will update you all when the release date does hit the app store. FYI for those who subscribe to the 32 degree PSIA Magazine. Great article about video technology in snow sport... SNOW PRO get's a mention... Pat you were way ahead of the curve.

+ Reply to Thread