+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The U.P. OPEN is back for 2013!!

The U.P. OPEN is back for 2013!!

We'll have a full weekend of racing on Jan 12th and 13th at Marquette Mountain.

The U.P. Open 2013 Schedule is now finalized!!

"Super Nastar," regular Nastar AND Slalom. Lunch on the mountain will be included, and trophies will be awarded.

Put it on your calendar!!

Last edited by jclose8; 10-26-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

Literally, the 4 weeks that don't work for me and school are nats week, midwest and eastern champs week, and up open. not to mention pretty much as far from st. louis as they can get... thanks for letting me rant!!

I was just in St. Louis this morning. Yeah, you aren't exactly in the ski racing epicenter of the country. Sorry you won't be able to make it.

Jamie,

I would like to do this again this year, it was tons of fun last year and you were a great host (plus I love my mug). The thought of driving up to Marquette so soon after driving to Duluth for the Midwest Championships does not appeal much to me but I will find a good audio book and head north.

It seems like this will be a season of ski travel. Lake Louise Nov28-Dec 2, Duluth Dec 15-16, Marquette Jan 12-13, Nationals March 22-24....geez...by the end of March I will be worn out!

Sounds like the perfect season.

CTC

jclose8, I totally get that st. louis isn't known for skiing or boarding.(it still needs to get through my skull) however, I don't think people realize how good of a ski team we have. there is a plaque in the lodge at hidden valley that has the J.O.s on it. there are better than a jo every other year, with 2-3 in going in 1 year twice. Abby murer is from hidden valley. But, other than that not much skiing or boarding here in stl sadly

Ell1369, Abbie Murer rocks, met her and her family at nationals nice people
    Jamie, so glad to hear about the open, good job announcing it early
    Kristina and I really enjoyed it last year and plan on coming back up this year
    can't wait for snow !!!
    RMD
    "The skiing is the easy part"

I have to check our local race schedule, but I think that's an open weekend....
    Anyone going from SE Mich that I could car pool up with from Detroit or for that matter, North Indiana? Racer X...you considering going?

Rod, glad to hear you and Kristina are planning to go again. I look forward to seeing you there and catching up.

Give my best to Kristina and I'll see you in January!

CTC

I will have to check the schedule. Hopefully my son will have a better race than last year if we go. Plus he can bring his slalom gear.

I just updated the first post with a link to the race schedule and details....

+ Reply to Thread