+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: What is the rationale behind NASTAR's "modified GS"???

Quote Originally Posted by villaski View Post
    In that video there is not a single gate that is vertically-displaced 56 feet away from another one. It is well UNDER 18-22 meters.
    56 feet would be well under 18-22

56 feet = 17.068 meters

P.S. In skiing, we use the metric system.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cinciracer View Post
    56 feet would be well under 18-22

56 feet = 17.068 meters

P.S. In skiing, we use the metric system.
    Yeah, and it's not working for you, as your observations are erroneous.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cinciracer View Post
    Check your facts, go though my 389 posts and find the one where I said i skied at your hill. I said I had met and respected your pacesetters (the brothers) I said I had raced with them at trials and that they had good reputations in the USSA community as racers and as coaches. I did not say i saw them race at their hill.

Just because you type it, that doesn't make it true.

Can you hurry up and get to your next obsession.

I strongly encourage you go to the terrain park and teach those kids how to do a off axis 1240 with a triple-back...., i'm sure your an expert at that too.......
    Hell, you used the "edit" feature in so many of those posts it's impossible to know what was ever typed.

It might be nice for you to discontinue leveraging personal insults and allegations about somebody's locale in your effort to post rebuttals to arguments that have been presented.

It might also be time you follow suit of another grandiose imposter here and shut the hell up about a hill you haven't been to...
    Last edited by villaski; 04-20-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Yeah, and it's not working for you, as your observations are erroneous.
    Don't you mean his calculations? If your going to use words over 7 letters, at least use them correctly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    Don't you mean his calculations? If your going to use words over 7 letters, at least use them correctly.
    Who are you? I mean his OBSERVATIONS that the course displayed in the video were "on the lower end of 18-22."

So actually we are talking about what, 60-75 feet? Hehe, those gates weren't even close.

Anyway, the video speaks for itself, and apparently Hughes is too intimidating for the course setters that they can't set even a normal NASTAR course there. Hmmmm...........

Who are you? I mean his OBSERVATIONS that the course displayed in the video were "on the lower end of 18-22."
    Gosh, I'm sorry, you quoted his feet to meter conversion when you said that and I assumed you were calling his calculation an observation.

Cool

Sorry to flame the coals. I did get the opportunity to run that exact same course that day with a time so slow they clocked me with a calendar. It was tight but skiable (or in my case snowboardable ). I just wanted you folks to see a comparison of the pacesetters and how blazing fast Ted Ligety is. Contrast him with a 65 year old on a 178 cm snowboard and time stands still. I would have liked to have raced Sunday on skis too. I came close to making the field. Maybe next year.

Okay, winter is over. Time to move on......
    Last edited by patmoore; 04-20-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Thank you, and thanks Pat for the video. I think that video speaks for itself.

What it says to me is that the course in the video was set a lot differently than the courses on saturday. AJ Kitts pacesetting runs were more than 6 seconds faster on saturday. (24.04 and 23.37 on saturday, 30.77 in the video) Seems like the only similarity between the courses on saturday and the course in the video is that they were set on the same hill.

Quote Originally Posted by walleye1a View Post
    What it says to me is that the course in the video was set a lot differently than the courses on saturday.
    The Race of Champions course was longer, it had a higher uphill start than both Saturday and Fridays races.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSkier View Post
    The Race of Champions course was longer, it had a higher uphill start than both Saturday and Fridays races.
    Ok, thanks,I didn't know that.

+ Reply to Thread