+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Pace the hill not the pacesetter?

I'd like to see a system put in place that takes into account a pacesetter's long term results, in addition to the actual results at pacesetting trials.

For instance, still do pacesetting trials, but then average this with the past year's results (say if a pacesetter has a national handicap from the year before, then use that national handicap and average it with the results of pacesetting trials).

I think this would more accurately reflect a pacesetter's real time skill set, and give a more accurate pacesetter handicap. It would also take into account the typical situation of pacesetter's not being in top form at trials, thus having a handicap that is artificially high, and throwing off the results at the resort they paceset at.

JMHO
    Last edited by Racer X; 02-10-2017 at 03:08 AM. Reason: iPad formatting
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

I think your idea has a lot of merit.

At this year's trials in the Suits race, they missed my first run, I fell in the second, and the ruts were so bad in the third that I had a bad run. Consequently my Suits HC this year is higher than my Coats HC.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Quote Originally Posted by patmoore View Post
    I think your idea has a lot of merit.
    Run it by Bill, and see what he thinks. It wouldn't take any additional work on anyone's part, aside from changing a few computations in the program.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

+ Reply to Thread