+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Analysis

Photo Analysis

I think this deserves it's own thread. Post pictures of yourself racing for Gary and Bob (mostly) to analyze. Ski dude posted a few earlier, but they got buried in the middle of a marathon thread..... I can't seem to find it.
    Anyway, I don't have any GS pictures, but SL is where I need help anyway.....
    Well Bob and Gary, fire away!

OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

I wish it was a different angle too. Unfortunately, that's what I got. I just found this picture online in a photo gallery for a race series I participate in. Until today, I didn't know it existed! Great photography, though, whoever took it.
    My analysis was the same as yours. Feet too close together (like always!) That is what I've been working on the most lately.

By the way, I just got a new suit for this season...... that one wasn't flashy enough..... I think it was slowing me down :shock:
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

Haha, not to lead this off topic, but my coach got our team a deal on those suits. 125 bucks...Not too bad eh? :D

Jamie, I have your GS skis, and the same suit as you, what kind of poles do you have :wink: :wink: :wink:

Also SWEET Vueulkl 8)
    www.Paskiandride.com/
    ^^Check it out^^

Hmm found a new place to host, Should work better now.
    www.Paskiandride.com/
    ^^Check it out^^

Gary and Bob
    This pic is very bad, very small, and taken in a very flat place, where I was not skiing very well, but it was taken on sunday. I do not feel it was one of my best turns, but I do think that my outside leg is further away from my body.

If you can give me feedback, it would be great. I should have a better pic from Okemo sometime next week.

Thanks

SkiDude 8)
    www.Paskiandride.com/
    ^^Check it out^^

get your inside hand (and therefor body) more downhill and over your CG it will help with your exit from the turn

Ok I talked with Gary a little with the private messenger...And came up with a nice pic.

Originally posted by backtomasters+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(backtomasters)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-skidude
    Hmmm so I want to look more like...
    (Red is the line my body should be, green is where my head would be)

And to do this I want to push my outside hip forward?
    Yep, and make sure your hips are OVER YOUR FEET as you leave the fall line and hit the APEX of the turn (just above the virtual gate) - Really, there is a complete "Posture" to attain which is;

1. Your chin back and head upright (like there is a string pulling you straight up from the top of your head (Relax!)

2. You are concave at the breast bone with your shoulders rounded foward (relax!)

3. You curl you tail bone forward and up (this will straighten your lower back).

Subtle stuff Adam, but I have it first hand intel from Tommy K. this is what Erik Scholpy has learned from Bode!

Its almost as much an attitude as it is a "Posture". The most important thing is that you stay relaxed in this position.

What you'll find when you "do it" is;

You can ski more mid foot and stay in balance (faster)
    You will ski more square to your skis
    You will be much quicker turn to turn

G[/b]
    Hope this can help someone other than me 8)
    www.Paskiandride.com/
    ^^Check it out^^

yes, I'm alive...

Sorry for the lack of posts. Work has picked up a bit, as have my coaching duties.

First, kudos for grabbing early snow. Remember to approach all things in your life with this dedication and good things are sure to come.

Ok, now to the skiing. Yes, your outside ski is away from your body, which is great. As you get your "ski legs" back, try to get that inside knee to work in unison with the outside leg. You might try practicing rail road tracks a bit on your next outing.

Still, lots of good things for early in the season - hands are up, head is up, and the outside leg looks solid.

As an aside - look at where Jamie is on his slalom picture. See how close he is to the gate? See how his outside hand simply reaches forward to clear the gate? (Rather than across his body) That's where we want you to be on slalom turns.

Bob

Thanks everyone

Also Bob, I think I get what you and Gary were telling me about with my hands and slalom. You shoulda just said get closer to the gate :twisted: :P
    www.Paskiandride.com/
    ^^Check it out^^

Haha, tis more to chew on, and I do read it (when it is about me, or of intrest to me).

I usually print your stuff out, and read it over and over once or twice a day, and let it sink in, then think of what Bob says (or the main points of what you are saying) when I got out and take some runs.

Well thank you both; its all very useful.

Adam 8)
    www.Paskiandride.com/
    ^^Check it out^^

+ Reply to Thread