+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Psychedelic POV

Banned
    Here's my POV from today's Volkl Demo Day. Volkl had really nice reps there.

I tried the RTM 80, RTM 84, and Racetiger GS (non-FIS).

RTM 80 was fine... good midwest ski. Stable, easy to turn, etc.

RTM 84 was a beast... stable, easy to handle, bad conditions for assessing edge grip or pop. Comparable (though beefier) than the K2 Aftershock. Tested the 181... due to my weight the 176 is probably the size I would get if I bought it.

Racetiger GS... HOLY WOW. This ski is fast and fun! I have never felt the springy pop out of a turn like this ski affords the skier. Amazing. Really might purchase this in a 180 next time I buy a cheater ski... that good. Makes my Fischer RC Pros look like junk.

I'm really jealous of the demo rep program your local hill seems to have. I don't remember the last time I saw a rep van at any of the ski areas I frequent. I'm looking forward to WP this year so that I have the opportunity to try out a few different skis and see if I might get something for next year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckp7600 View Post
    I'm really jealous of the demo rep program your local hill seems to have. I don't remember the last time I saw a rep van at any of the ski areas I frequent. I'm looking forward to WP this year so that I have the opportunity to try out a few different skis and see if I might get something for next year.
    Yeah, we are pretty lucky to attract the manufacturers to our area. Small hill, but nevertheless right in the middle of the 15th largest Combined Statistical Area in the USA (2.8 million people within an hour). It makes it unique in that regard.

The demos they have at WP are awesome during Nationals week (as I'm sure you remember last year), so that'll be a great chance to demo skis (and cool brands like Stockli and Head that might not be at many hills).

Here is POV from yesterday at BM. Don't have McDonald's pancakes before racing. I really wasn't a big fan of where they put the start (way back from crest of hill requiring uphill skating), but whatever.

Agreed - don't ever eat McD's before racing - ever - ugh!

Are you going to be open on Friday evening at BM for NASTAR? If so, I think I'll drive over and check out the area - but it doesn't look good with temps today here in the Northern Ohio/SE Lower Michgan area forecast to approach 60 degrees - ugh!

Wow - what a winter - makes me wish I'd have left the boat in the water.

Keep me updated on Friday night NASTAR at the Mills!

X
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Looks like some pretty big offsets there, with some decent terrain changes too - along with some pretty nice ruts developing........and is that dirt showing through the snow???

UGH!

Skiing in the mud is never any fun, and not good for the skis either.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Banned
    Yep, we have some nice terrain changes throughout that course created by the snowmaking and natural terrain, and we have a lot of offset on our courses.

There weren't really any mud-patches, per se, on Sunday, but definitely there was the mud-colored slush indicating a melting snowpack.

Based on the weather (jeez, it feels like May outside), it definitely is questionable for this Friday.

I'll keep you posted.

Ovsc at p north sat pm and top to bottom race Sunday. Top to bottom is 3 different gs sets, run each twice, they take your best run from each set, add the times to get age class winners.Slalom training tonight, We still have reasonable base, but this warm southwest wind and 60 degrees could screw it all up

Quote Originally Posted by cinciracer View Post
    We still have reasonable base, but this warm southwest wind and 60 degrees could screw it all up
    Thinking about hauling out the clubs......
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Don't you guys worry. My snowblower broke a couple days ago, a blizzard is now inevitable.

Told my crew this weekend that we should have left the boat in the water - we could have gotten in some practice.

Race training last night was pitiful - 50 degrees, ankle deep ruts at every gate after 10 minutes, and if you got off the line into the mashed potatoes, look out. We all quit early. There was major potential for carnage, including baaad injuries.

And more 40 degree forecasts in sight for the entire midwest (including MN) right through the weekend. Sunday is forecast 40 and rain in SE lower MI - ugh!

Loos like we'll be starting the Super Bowl Party early!

+ Reply to Thread