+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Indiana/Michigan NASTAR Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by jclose8 View Post
    Ask them.

Ok, I'll do that this weekend when I am back out there. If nothing else I can see how open they are to future Nastar events. They were very open to hosting the Family Challenge last year and the local newspaper did a big article on the event and AJ Kitt. The fellow who used to direct racing got a job coaching one of the Park City junior race teams and has left but I think they are still very committed to Nastar.

I'll ask, and I will also ask how early they need to be contacted to schedule events for the winter.

CTC

Banned
    Was this cancelled because alot of people didn't register? Limiting this to two states shut out a bunch of other people.

Also, putting this up in northern michigan wasn't a good idea due to the distance from many parts of Indiana (which, of course, just goes south).

I guess I really don't know much about the planning that goes into this... it sounds like jclose8 does.

I would have to think though that some places would like the attention. I know Winter Park (intrawest?) is probably thrilled to have the expousre of Nationals because that is not a resort that many (or any?) out-of-towners would frequent for a ski vacation.

Also, is thre any rule that more than one event cannot be hosted on one weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by jclose8 View Post
    Ask them.

Jamie - I did ask the powers that be at Chestnut about the resort's willingness to host Nastar events. I will not go into all of the nitty gritty details of the conversation, but this is the gist:

1) Chestnut felt it was a privilege to host the Family Challenge last year and considered it a highly successful event.
    2) Chestnut would not turn down the opportunity to host another Nastar event if asked, whether it be a Family Challenge, Midwest Open, Pacesetter trials or whatever.
    3) Chestnut let Nastar HQ know of its willingness to host another event when the Family Challenge ended last year.
    4) As far as scheduling goes, the earlier the better but there are plenty of weekends open to schedule events. The only two weekends where Chestnut cannot schedule an event are the MLK and President's Day holiday weekends because the resort is so crowded and cannot shut down a run for a special event.

I leave it at that. I think a good number of resorts in the midwest are open to hosting Nastar special events. They are tons of fun and great for any resort.

CTC
    Last edited by ChiTownChick; 12-18-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownChick View Post
    Jamie - I did ask the powers that be at Chestnut about the resort's willingness to host Nastar events. I will not go into all of the nitty gritty details of the conversation, but this is the gist:1) Chestnut felt it was a privilege to host the Family Challenge last year and considered it a highly successful event.2) Chestnut would not turn down the opportunity to host another Nastar event if asked, whether it be a Family Challenge, Midwest Open, Pacesetter trials or whatever.3) Chestnut let Nastar HQ know of its willingness to host another event when the Family Challenge ended last year.4) As far as scheduling goes, the earlier the better but there are plenty of weekends open to schedule events. The only two weekends where Chestnut cannot schedule an event are the MLK and President's Day holiday weekends because the resort is so crowded and cannot shut down a run for a special event. I leave it at that. I think a good number of resorts in the midwest are open to hosting Nastar special events. They are tons of fun and great for any resort. CTC
    Excellent! Well, the earlier the better. Have them start the planning now. That would be cool if they hosted an open next season.
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

+ Reply to Thread