+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Indiana/Michigan NASTAR Challenge

Hybrid View

Indiana/Michigan NASTAR Challenge

There will be an Indiana/Michigan NASTAR Challenge and it will be Saturday, January 7, 2012 at Crystal Mountain. For more info please stay tuned to the NASTAR website or contact Black Diamond Events at blackdiamondevents.llc@gmail.com or you can call 219-644-6285.

Quote Originally Posted by car4056 View Post
    There will be an Indiana/Michigan NASTAR Challenge and it will be Saturday, January 7, 2012 at Crystal Mountain. For more info please stay tuned to the NASTAR website or contact Black Diamond Events at blackdiamondevents.llc@gmail.com or you can call 219-644-6285.
    Awesome. Good to see some info on this. Any way to incorporate a team event? Medal point average for resort teams? Something like that?
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

I could not connect to the black diamond link. I guess I would need more info before deciding to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Banana View Post
    I could not connect to the black diamond link. I guess I would need more info before deciding to go.
    The Black Diamond "link" is an email address. Email or call for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Banana View Post
    SS--Give me a call or you can go to Crystal's website under upcoming events and register there.

Here is the direct link for all the information on the race:

http://www.crystalmountain.com/event...star-challenge

Thanks for the reply. The only thing I did not see on the website were the price of lift tickets for the event. I would assume Crystal would give a discount for the racers?

Is the race cancelled? Crystal has removed the race from their current season events. I tried contacting both Black Diamond and Crystal with no luck.

Banana - I just posted a simliar comment on the Wachusett Open thread. I won't repeat it here but I believe the Midwest Open would have been a huge success if it had been announced and advertized earlier (like early to mid summer) and a venue had been chosen that was accessible by those west of Lake Michigan.

But I guess its water under the bridge now.....

CTC

Well, I guess now I don't have to worry about that conflicting with my company's annual awards banquet. Would have been a tough choice.
    I agree with what others have said: more notice + more advertising = better turnout = an event that is sustainable year-to-year. SKI Magazine already has ads for Nationals...by that yardstick, the magazine should have had ads for the Open 2 months ago.
    The unfortunate result of this is that I bet it's now NASTAR's opinion that, "Midwesterners don't want an Open" when my (completely uneducated) guess is that Midwesterners do indeed want an Open, but we want to get those plans in place well in advance.

+ Reply to Thread