+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Ski League Championships

Quote Originally Posted by jclose8 View Post
    Yeah, we had a solid, solid team for sure... We took second, third, fourth, and ninth for the guys, and 1st for the girls.

Christie was super pumped. In our race league, we have 3 or 4 women that are literally just as fast as the fast guys, so being the fastest girl in Marquette is pretty tough.

Cary was amazing as usual. He hasn't raced a lot lately, so I thought I might finally have a shot at him... He beat me by about 3 tenths per run. I've got no problem with that! :)
    Congrats and yea you had your team stacked. Forget the name of the hill you raced on but I do remember I had one of my best races ever, back in the day, during a TC invitational.

Rumor has it just enough Nubs Nob "superstars" showed up to do some major a$$ handing on silver platters. Eric Behan took first for the beer league on Saturday with a few more "superstars" sprinkled around as leaders and Paul Mooridian served it up big time in the Downhill on Sunday. I am sure there would have been many more "superstars" on Saturday but it was the annual Mardi Gras at Nubs Nob and being true ski racers they have their priorities in order and have to pick a great party over ski racing once in awhile.
    It is unfortunate Kanakry that you had a bad day on Saturday but your whole team would have had a really bad day if they had been disqualified due to your wife. Being a coach she is considered a pro and pros are required to sign up in the gold division not the lesser Silver division in which you were racing in.
    I know you would like to dispute this fact so to save time and forum space I have included the rule taken off the race web site:

The Gold division is open to the most competitive adult racers in the region, including professionals. The hotly-contested Silver division is open to any team not wanting to compete directly with the pros, as professionals are not allowed to race in this division. Any team found to have a pro that has signed up for the Silver division will be disqualified.

Paul did kill it in the Downhill.

BTW over 50% of the racers from Southeast MI on saturday in silver are coaches.

Heh... Yeah, Heather is a pro, and Eric Behan isn't.... I don't think too many people are hung up on that rule, O.T.C....
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

Quote Originally Posted by offthecouch View Post
    Eric Behan took first for the beer league on Saturday
    Did you even read my report on this race???

Eric Behan is a pro and that is why he was on a Gold team.

Quote Originally Posted by jclose8 View Post
    Did you even read my report on this race???
    Yeh, I read your report but you never once mentioned A$$ handing!!

What are you like 11?

Eric Behan is a pro and that is why he was on a Gold team.
    Hmmmm..... when I was talking to him he told me that he hasn't been on skis a whole lot this season, but next year he was thinking about getting back into coaching. What is it that he is pro at? Just curious....

Yeh, I read your report but you never once mentioned A$$ handing!!
    Good point, I guess when I said that Eric "smoked the entire field," that is completely different.... Thanks for the clarification.

+ Reply to Thread