+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toughest nastar course?

Sunday was a pretty challenging course at Paoli Peaks but Beech Grove is a great run for the course. So much better than where it used to be on Powerline.

Having the CTEC II lift where it is just adds to the qualities of the run. Right now Paoli Peaks has 3 people, myself included (#20), in the top thirty Number of Results Ranking. You can really do a lot of runs in a short time!
    Live Life... Dave
    Race Record

Oh yeah, the lift right there is great. between the snow and Mike's initial setup of the course, it was a pretty good run.

Dave, which board did you end up doing better with?

I was faster on the GS board (178 Liberation- SCR 14) but by the time I got out there on the BX board (169 Donek SCR 10-12) the course was pretty rough so I'm not sure it was a fair comparison.

I guess I'll just have to engage in more rigorous testing on The toughest course in NASTAR* Wednesday night. :D

*sorry, couldn't resist.
    Live Life... Dave
    Race Record

Lifters

Check out the lifters I'm experimenting with. I managed a Platinum on this SG 178 on Sunday. The designer just sent me a slightly lighter version that I'll be testing next Sunday.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Quote Originally Posted by dslax605 View Post
    Maybe I will see about getting a goPro camera and attaching it to someones helmet for a couple runs one weekend.
    Not to presume anything, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, search ebay for "gumstick camera". It looks like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbenedict/4177505710/ (the AA battery is just there for size comparison). Anyway, I got mine off of eBay for $0.99, plus $12 to ship it from HK. Video quality is good, though it doesn't record for very long at all (maybe 30 minutes with a 2GB card). No way to mount it, other than duct tape. Well, there's the little shirt clip - I used that at Keystone last week and the camera didn't fall off, but it also was usually pointed in some crazy direction that wasn't useful.

Wow, sorry, really went off on a tangent there. Anyway, glad you guys had fun at Paoli last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Not to presume anything, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, search ebay for "gumstick camera". It looks like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbenedict/4177505710/ (the AA battery is just there for size comparison). Anyway, I got mine off of eBay for $0.99, plus $12 to ship it from HK. Video quality is good, though it doesn't record for very long at all (maybe 30 minutes with a 2GB card). No way to mount it, other than duct tape. Well, there's the little shirt clip - I used that at Keystone last week and the camera didn't fall off, but it also was usually pointed in some crazy direction that wasn't useful.

Wow, sorry, really went off on a tangent there. Anyway, glad you guys had fun at Paoli last weekend!
    Neat little camera.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
    Neat little camera.
    Yeah, definitely the right size and price, just need a way to mount it. Although, I might be able to make a mount to clip it to the helmet. The advantage of the GoPro is that I could use it in my car as well for Dragon runs or autoX.
    Daniel S.
    Results

Thumbs up Pictures worth....

WIL5350 on course:

Live Life... Dave
    Race Record

Thumbs up sorry for the poor quality

This is looking back uphill from the finish. Same racer as the prior photo. :D

I just saw an even better video to give the course feel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GNCtCS20N4&NR=1
    Last edited by DaveWilcox; 02-08-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    Live Life... Dave
    Race Record

Great pic. nice course and looks like great snow for racing.

I can't get over the view from a snow packed run out into the distant bare fields. Not a sight we ever see out west.

+ Reply to Thread