+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Atlantic Forum Gathering 2010/2011

Have to check on where WISP is in relation to me. Keep us midwesterners posted - I've drive by Blue Knob, and that's just a bridge too far, if you get my drift.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
    Have to check on where WISP is in relation to me. Keep us midwesterners posted - I've drive by Blue Knob, and that's just a bridge too far, if you get my drift.
    Just checked - If WISP is only 2 hours from Pittsburgh, that's about 7 hours from me - do-able.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Okay, how about this? I just spoke with a couple of locals today and both of them (seperately, oddly enough) suggested Timberline, WV. Would that be too far for you guys for Feb 26-27th? I would need to call Timberline and make sure they didn't have anything major planned that weekend, make SURE they would run NASTAR, and let them know we have a group coming to see if they would like do "anything" for us.

If Timberline won't work, I just went to Wisp today and while the staff seems very eager to promote Nastar and is really pretty awesome, the run is tricky. It is a medium to flat run that has an odd headwind. You NEED to tuck. In a way, it is great practice to get a good tuck...or a good time to utilize the good tuck you already have.

Up to ya'll. Let me know your thoughts.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Either place will work for me. First choice is Wisp but I can do Timberline.
    Powered by Stockli/Marker/Technica ~ Because Gear Matters

I just checked my calendar and 2/26 works. As far as Timberline vs. Wisp... doesn't matter to me. Haven't raced either coarse. As long as it is down hill, that's all that matters.
    "Not always fast... but always on edge!"
    CRU143

Well, Ok folks. Looks like SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2011 is the date. The place is to be determined.

From what I understand, Timberline has a really nice Nastar run, and they have 1000 foot vertical drop. So, free skiing should be nice for anyone interested. As of right now, I don't know Timberline's Nastar schedule. According to the Nastar website, they run on Saturdays from 12-2 and Sundays 11-1.

Here is my thought. RacerX and IN.racer are coming from a little ways out, so I have a feeling you guys would like to run more than one day. How about we run at Timberline on Saturday, and anyone that says the night (I might depending on a bunch of circumstances) can meet up at Wisp on Sunday. That way you get two diffent courses in. Not completely sure, but I might be able to talk to the guys at Wisp about getting doing something for us. They seem like a good group of guys. That way, also, no one needs to spend the night at Timberline. I understand that lodging might be a little limited there.

What are your thoughts?
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Racer X and I will come up Friday and stay near Timberline. The state park has lodge rooms or airport has a nice small motel. After skiing on Sat we could pack up and head to Wisp, although that's not necessary. I've driven long ways for one day of skiing before. Last I heard Wisp does not run nastar on Sunday. Better check to be sure.