+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Atlantic Forum Gathering 2010/2011

Well, IN.racer, you and RacerX were the first to reply to this thread, and I know how interested you were in doing this last year. With that in mind, I'm up for whatever weekend you can do. That said, I think pushing this into March makes this a little iffy.

If SS's Nastar run is 5 turns and a tuck, I would be inclined to say that that might not be worth it. I mean, Blue Knob's run is a flat to medium slop for racing, but at least the runs are 19-24 seconds at my pace, but you get 12 or so gates. 5 seems, I don't know, a bit...limited.

I haven't run Wisp's Nastar. They have an event on Saturday the 26th, but it isn't a racing event. Here's a link to their events page for February. http://www.wispresort.com/wisp/calen...ate=2011-02-13

Another option is Roundtop, but it is another 1 1/2 -2 hours for you two guys.

TC, the 30 second run you reference...what are the costs involved, and when is it?

There have to be more interested... Now that I don't have any of my old PM's, I have almost no idea who was interested last year. Cathy, I remember you showed with your entourage last year. Stever Green was thinking about it. Racer139? Bmorecopper would probably love to but is iffy because of injuries.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

I would prefer the weekend of 26-27th, but could do the 5-6th of March - woudl miss the last MACC race weekend though.

7 Springs is about my limit for travel for a weekend jaunt by car.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Well, it looks like the 26/27th is the general best weekend. RacerX, is Wisp too far? Only asking because I don't know if it is further or not from you. Also, is Blue Knob a possibility? I'm okay with SS if we do more than a 5 gate run. But I'm not sure what the 30 second run costs. Still waiting to hear from TC re: cost of the 30 second run. IF I play my cards right, AND all the stars align, I MIGHT be able to spend the night and race both Saturday and Sunday. Lots of ifs and mights there...
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

If this gets big maybe Heather and I will go...

Quote Originally Posted by putterman View Post
    IF I play my cards right, AND all the stars align, I MIGHT be able to spend the night and race both Saturday and Sunday. Lots of ifs and mights there...
    Can't you do some extra chores around the house to get some special permission from your wife to at least stay one night?

You could always go full ghetto and just sleep in the car!?? Make it happen, man!
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

Let's hope it doesn't get that big...

My wife has already told me to stay the night. It isn't up to her. My card playing isn't about working my wife.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

My card playing isn't about working my wife.
    no.... I'm sure its not.
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

Glad you understand that. Just don't insinuate that it is.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Indeed. .

Putterman -The WPSC Races are free to club members (any of the 5 or 6 Clubs of West Pa Ski Council) Club dues for the entire year are $25 to $30 so for locals it's a great deal. These races are "low key" but competitive. You just line up at the start by reverse age, tell the starter your name and club and go. Generally no one suits up, but coats are often stripped. Quite a few good racers including prior Nastar Nat'l champions, instructors, etc. The hill for these races is Avalanche on the front side - not much different than the Nationals at Steamboat on See Ya. I'd need to check with the WPSC to see how they'd welcome visitors.

The NASTAR is shorter, and easier -only about 14 gates, It is much like other Nastar courses around the nation, it just flattens out after about 6 gates - times are 18 to 20 seconds for platinums. Still fun, and we run the heck out of it, always trying for "one more run". The headwind can be a factor.

I'll do some checking and post more later - FuMan see you Saturday?

+ Reply to Thread