+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Atlantic Forum Gathering 2010/2011

Mid Atlantic Forum Gathering 2010/2011

Well, with my limited racing this year (due to budget concerns), one of my planned 5 or so times out this season will be our get together. I will have to admit, for me to attend, it would have to be a one day trip (any money spent on a night in a hotel...even a motel...would be another day I could have raced).

Anyone have suggestions as to where we should hold it this year? Blue Knob and Wisp are fairly flat courses. Unless we could get Wisp to set up on Squirrel Cage, but we'd probably need to have a really good turnout for that. Bryce isn't bad, but there is NOTHING else to ski there and you only get two runs. So anyone wanting to ski more would be really limited. Seven Springs?

Anyone interested in putting it together and hosting it?
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Quote Originally Posted by putterman View Post
    Well, with my limited racing this year (due to budget concerns), one of my planned 5 or so times out this season will be our get together. I will have to admit, for me to attend, it would have to be a one day trip (any money spent on a night in a hotel...even a motel...would be another day I could have raced).

Anyone have suggestions as to where we should hold it this year? Blue Knob and Wisp are fairly flat courses. Unless we could get Wisp to set up on Squirrel Cage, but we'd probably need to have a really good turnout for that. Bryce isn't bad, but there is NOTHING else to ski there and you only get two runs. So anyone wanting to ski more would be really limited. Seven Springs?

Anyone interested in putting it together and hosting it?
    If you make it Seven Springs, and make it any other weekend than March 10-14, I'll come - Seven Springs is only a 7 hour drive, and so do-able; I'll be in Park City the weekend of March 10-14. How about the last weekend in February (Sat, Feb 26 or Sun Feb 27th)
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Any Seven Spring'ers want to chime in?
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Feb 26/27 will work for me as well as the following weekend March 5/6.
    Powered by Stockli/Marker/Technica ~ Because Gear Matters

I'll check with WPSC (Western PA Ski Council), maybe "yinz" can all join us for one of the club races. Here is a link to the season schedules below. There is also a Charity fundraising race Friday Feb 18th - Dianne Roffe will be coming out to forerun the course and give us tips. Teams are 3 skiers, best of two runs , cost are high as all funds go to a charity. I'll post some details on this "Corporate Cup" event soon.

WPSC race schedule link

http://www.monvalleyskiclub.org/racing/schedule/

The weekend of the 26/27 of Feb. looks good for me. I would only be able to do one day (not stay the night). So, I would like for us to pick one of the days. Since I'm driving up and back in one day, I'd love to keep the trip to under 4 hours each way...3 would be even better, and SS is just under 3. Up to you guys. There are a few members here from SS. FuMan...where you at? And I thought there were a couple others...
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Hey, Guys. Still haven't found out how to log in on my old sign on. I will be in Park City/SLC the weekend of 2/26-27 for a family trip.

Say it ain't so... For me it looks like it is either that weekend or the weekend before (2/19 -2/20). Maybe you could make that one, Fu Man? How about you IN.racer and RacerX? TC, while racing with/getting tips from Dianne would be killer, unfortunately for me, I wouldn't be able to spend the dough this year. Don't know how it would work if we decide on the 19th/20th at SS, does that mean the only way to race would be in that event, or will they be holding a regular Nastar as well?

If not SS, anyone have a different venue idea for one of those weekends?
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

The 7Springs Nastar crew (Jace, Mike,Terry, Bruce, etc) will have Nastar going every weekend day in Jan and Feb, so Nastar is always available (they do a great job). The local "Nastonians" are always out in force. The club races I listed on the link are longer and on a much better hill, - same hill the USSA races are held on. So the GS there is about 30 seconds, with rolling terrain, where the std Nastar is 5 turns and a tuck = 18 seconds. The mid Atlantic Super G is about 50 sec long, full blown high speed fun with equipment on the line, so the big guns all come out.

Local racing commitments have me booked until the end of Feb. Feb 26/27 or March 5/6 is all I can do. SS, Wisp or Timberline WVa are my suggestions but somewhere else within reason would be OK too.

Actually the Governor's Cup is at Timberline March 5/6. We should stay away from there that weekend.
    Last edited by IN.racer; 12-14-2010 at 12:39 AM.