+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Opens?

Wink

Thanks GB, I'm not so crabby today and am sure I will have a great time at the Open. I need to learn to race better on flat courses anyway. My results were better on Buck then the daily Nastar on Cheers last year....so this will give me a chance to work on my technique on flats.

My mood is better because its really cold today. Its 21 in Chicago but colder in Galena and I think they will start making snow soon, if not already. The web cam at Tyrol Basin in southern Wisconsin is a beautiful picture - the snow guns are pumping out the snow. I have to believe the same thing is happening at Chestnut but I don't know since they don't have a web cam. The thought of skiing on Friday has uplifted my spirits and if the holiday decorating, baking, cooking, gift buying wrapping mailing, card writing/mailing, in addition to everything at work ... does not get done before Christmas..too bad...I'm gonna be skiing!!!!

CTC

PS Just checked the webcam at Cascade Mountain and they are making snow like crazy, looks like a blizzard. We're gonna be skiing in the midwest this weekend! YEAH!!!
    Last edited by ChiTownChick; 11-23-2010 at 01:37 PM.

FYI, you call Crystal directly to sign up for the race clinics. It was easy this year, I just got registered. I am all set for the Open now...and getting excited about racing and the clinic. The Open will be the first Nastar racing for many of us in the midwest.

CTC

I visited with the knee surgeon this morning and I'm cleared for racing! I just submitted my registration for Greek Peak. Hope to see many of you there! Check out my new SG (Sigi Grabner) GS board. At 178 cm it's longer than my skis.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

For anyone going to the Midwest Open, but not attending the clinic on Friday: Boyne is having a 6-for-the-price-of-1 lift ticket sale on that Friday only.
    http://www.boyne.com/BoynesBestDeals...t/6_for_1.html

By the way, I will not be able to make it to the Open this year :( Hopefully they will continue the event and have a Midwest Open next year - if so, I'll be sure to go. I hope you all have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownChick View Post
    FYI, you call Crystal directly to sign up for the race clinics. It was easy this year, I just got registered. I am all set for the Open now...and getting excited about racing and the clinic. The Open will be the first Nastar racing for many of us in the midwest.

CTC
    Who'd you call? I just tried to sign up, and they didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Racer X,

Call the main number and ask for the Snowsports School. Then ask for John in the racing department. I think his name is John....once you get to the Snowsports School they will know what you are talking about. John was very helpful and signed me up right away.

Good luck

CTC

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownChick View Post
    Racer X,

Call the main number and ask for the Snowsports School. Then ask for John in the racing department. I think his name is John....once you get to the Snowsports School they will know what you are talking about. John was very helpful and signed me up right away.

Good luck

CTC
    CTC - Thanks!
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Racer X,

I like the quote you have on your posts, I will copy it here:

Hmmm, makes me think of some of the Nationals shenanigans......but won't start that again (ha!)

CTC

Okay, who's going to Greek Peak? I can't be there for the clinic but will drive over late Saturday for the race on Sunday.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

My wife & I will be there. Looking forward to seeing you.

+ Reply to Thread