+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's going?

My husband and I will be going. Unfortunately, my son has a school activity and won't be able to join us (he will be with his dad that weekend). He went to Nationals and we all had a blast there. Oh well! Since I don't have to worry about him missing school, that means we might be able to make the clinic! :)

Regarding the "Assemly Line race area" being on Wonderama, that looks like a "green" area (and I've been to Windham, so I know where that is . . .). are you sure that's where we'll be racing??

Pat--I found out how to register for the clinic. On the Windham web site, click on the "Mountain" pull down menu. The last choice is the Nastar Open. Click on that, and follow the links to sign up. I found it while looking for the trail map. :)

See you there![/b]
    OOps, sorry, this posted twice. Can't figure out how to delete it....

I have officially entered!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see you all there!
    Go hard or get outta my way.

Yeah, I was wondering when you were going to post this one, too....roomie!
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Yeah, I was wondering when you were going to post this one, too....roomie![/b]
    And you will be glad to know I am bringing my air mask so I dont snore. Poor Pat wasn't so lucky.
    Go hard or get outta my way.

LOL, Kathy, even a blue will be too easy for you! You're our national champ! Go on out there and have a great time.[/b]
    Thanks, TeamHUB!! I actually like the regular Nastar course at Windham. It has a bit more pitch than many other Nastar courses, and is a decent length. On the down side, it is right next to the chairlift poles, and last year durning an ASRA race, one of our racers hit one of the poles and badly injured his leg. I also reinjured my shoulder a bit and conked my head pretty good trying to stop at the bottom (not while racing) and avoid a kid from the race that was set up next to our race. Sounds like that will be the set up for the Nastar Open, too (two courses right next to each other).

You and ChiTownChick will have to carry the mantle for our group at Nationals this year. I won't be going, because I have a big trip coming up in May (going to Africa). I'm sure you guys will have a great time!

p.s. Got my first Platinum at my "local hill" last weekend--woo hoo! Still in the gold group, though (at least for now!) :grin:

VA/Kathy

Kathy have a great time at the Eastern Open! Too bad your son can't go. I have fond memories of him carrying my jacket down to the bottom of the race course last year at Nationals, he is such a good kid. He can look forward to Nationals though, which will be a blast. I am looking forward to seeing you all there.

Enjoy the Open and ski fast!

CTC (Judy) :cool:[/b]
    Hi Judy/CTC,

Thanks for the well wishes for the Open.

You can see from my post just above that I won't be going to the Nationals this year, unfortunately. But, I know you and TeamHUB will represent our group well, and have a blast! I want you gals to go for it and let 'em run!! Have faith in your skills! No Fear!! :grin:

Hope you're having a great season,

Kathy

Kathy,

I am sorry to hear you are not going to Nationals, we will miss you. I think a trip to Africa definitely sounds fabulous and there will be another Nationals in 2011 so we will see you there instead, Africa will be great!

Get those platinums and enjoy the Open, I bet you podium!

CTC (Judy)

Congrats, Kathy! Looks like the women did great on Tuesday. You and Daniel each got Platinum.

See ya next week!
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Just sitting here feeling sorry for myself...

I was making my first pacesetting run this morning when an outside ski (my left) slid out from under me. Must have been ice under the grooming. I tried to save myself and should have just hit the deck. I slid across the other course and tucked into a ball to miss the gates. I then saw the ropes coming up and ducked my head to clear them. When I came to a stop, both skis were off and I was rattled. I stood up and felt some pain in my left knee (the good one!). There was some loss of stability that scared me. I clicked back in and skied to the base of the t-bar on one ski. I rode the t-bar up and told my partner I was going to ski down to first aid. I descended the mountain mostly on one ski but occasionally put some weight on the ski. as long as the skeleton was stacked over the boot/ski I was able carve a light turn. It hurt a LOT to walk into first aid. They sent me to the clinic in town and an xray didn't really reveal anything amiss. My wife drove most of the way back to CT and I treated the knee with ice, elevation, ibuprofen, and Yellow Tail Shiraz. I'll try to get an appointment with my knee doctor ASAP (I get volume discounts from him).

As of this writing I'm still planning on coming to Windham. Maybe I'll be able to race on the snowboard if not on the skis.

Good thing I'm getting younger!

Stay tuned.......
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Oh Pat, I hope its nothing serious. Maybe just a strain of the knee - I sure hope so. Keep us posted and take care of yourself!

Feel better!

CTC

+ Reply to Thread