+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's going?

I'll restart this now that there is a dedicated spot for the Opens. AND that it is getting closer, so hopefully folks have had time to think about it...

Who's gonna be there?

I will! Gonna get there Friday afternoon, about 4 PM or so. Can't make the clinics, wish I could, but can't. I'm sure we'll get together at the Ceremony Saturday night, but if anyone wants to hook up, we'll be around Friday night if anyone is interested.

Oh, maybe now would be a good time to post numbers (if you feel like it, if not comfortable doing that, we can PM numbers) so we can get in tough while there. My cell is 301 674 0087.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Rob Dexter (my roommate at last year's Nationals) and I should get there late Friday night. Cell is 860.559.4324

There's an outside chance we may come over Friday morning in time for the clinic but I couldn't figure out where to sign up or what it costs.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

I'm thinking about going as a day trip, but it's a pretty long haul from Boston. I've been trying to find the trail called 'Assembly Line' on the Windham web site trail map, but without any luck. It's supposed to be the trail that my age group will be racing on. Does anyone know what trail they're refering to?

I'm thinking about going as a day trip, but it's a pretty long haul from Boston. I've been trying to find the trail called 'Assembly Line' on the Windham web site trail map, but without any luck. It's supposed to be the trail that my age group will be racing on. Does anyone know what trail they're refering to?[/b]

Assembly Line may not be on the online map, but it is on the hard copy. It is called Assembly Line Race Area. If you look on the lower right side of the map, the trail is called Wonderama. The course is next to the "C" chair (Wonderama Triple Chair).

Assembly Line is not Widham's daily NASTAR course. The other trail, Lower Wheelchair, is Windham's regular NASTAR course.

I'll be racing @ Windham, if I don't get in trouble again... lol. It will be an 8 hr. drive. Driving to Scranton on Thurs. and then to Windham for the clinic on Friday.

This is great. From my earlier posts, it didn't look like there was going to be much of a Forum turnout, but so far, it's looking promising.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Assembly Line may not be on the online map, but it is on the hard copy. It is called Assembly Line Race Area. If you look on the lower right side of the map, the trail is called Wonderama. The course is next to the "C" chair (Wonderama Triple Chair).

Assembly Line is not Widham's daily NASTAR course. The other trail, Lower Wheelchair, is Windham's regular NASTAR course.[/b]

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like a nice wide trail with easy access.

My husband and I will be going. Unfortunately, my son has a school activity and won't be able to join us (he will be with his dad that weekend). He went to Nationals and we all had a blast there. Oh well! Since I don't have to worry about him missing school, that means we might be able to make the clinic! :)

Regarding the "Assemly Line race area" being on Wonderama, that looks like a "green" area (and I've been to Windham, so I know where that is . . .). are you sure that's where we'll be racing??

Pat--I found out how to register for the clinic. On the Windham web site, click on the "Mountain" pull down menu. The last choice is the Nastar Open. Click on that, and follow the links to sign up. I found it while looking for the trail map. :)

See you there!

Regarding the "Assemly Line race area" being on Wonderama, that looks like a "green" area (and I've been to Windham, so I know where that is . . .). are you sure that's where we'll be racing??

See you there![/b]

LOL, Kathy, even a blue will be too easy for you! You're our national champ! Go on out there and have a great time.

My husband and I will be going. Unfortunately, my son has a school activity and won't be able to join us (he will be with his dad that weekend). He went to Nationals and we all had a blast there. Oh well! Since I don't have to worry about him missing school, that means we might be able to make the clinic! :)[/b]
    Kathy have a great time at the Eastern Open! Too bad your son can't go. I have fond memories of him carrying my jacket down to the bottom of the race course last year at Nationals, he is such a good kid. He can look forward to Nationals though, which will be a blast. I am looking forward to seeing you all there.

Enjoy the Open and ski fast!

CTC (Judy) :cool:

+ Reply to Thread