+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Forum Meeting

Great! Look forward to meeting you both.

Side note, this get together isn't JUST for Easterners...I'm just trying to put something together loacally...All are welcome!
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Unfortunately there is no Nastar on Saturdays at Wisp. The Wisp Nastar Hours are Tuesday 5:30pm -7:30pm & Sunday 11:00am-2:00pm on the Little Dipper Slope. It has moved there full time to make it more accessible to more racers.

Well dang. I guess it will have to be Seven Springs on Saturday, Blue Knob Sunday.
    Powered by Stockli/Marker/Technica ~ Because Gear Matters

Glad to hear that INracer. I was afraid you and RacerX wouldn't come because of Wisp's lack of Saturday Nastar. I guess you'll get to meet FuMan and mlb101123 over at SS. It would be fun if you could get them to follow you over...
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Well dang. I guess it will have to be Seven Springs on Saturday, Blue Knob Sunday.[/b]
    Putterman, any chance you can expand this to 7 Springs on Saturday and BK on Sunday and make it a double-feature? I don't want to poach your event but thought you might draw even more participants if they could sample both resorts. Google Maps says the ride is about 90 minutes between the two. I dont know if I can make BK on Sunday but would like to meet the members that can make the side trip. The more racers the merrier!

Chris D.

Well, i don't know about BK that weekend, but i'm always @ SS. Thats about right. 1 hr. to Johnstown and 30 to BK.

Actually, I have nothing to "do" with this other than coming up with an idea of a "get together". Last year, I thought it would be great to have some local forum members gather at one resort on the same day...to put names and faces together, and have some fun I guess.

From my experience with this so far, making it at two resorts over two days seems a bit tricky. It has been hard enough to get people together for one day, let alone two. I think the reason that INracer and/or RacerX will be stopping by SS on Saturday is because they actually have a substantial haul and want to make a weekend out of it.

That said, if you want to put something together for Saturday, I don't have a problem with it. I won't be able to make it, though. But don't do or not do it because of my schedule. I would say that if you want to, post a thread inviting anyone who wants to extend the weekend to Saturday to SS. I hope that doesn't end up making people chose between the two, but maybe that is most fair for those that are unable to make it to Blue Knob on Sunday.

I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Well, I just spoke with Doug, the Manager at Blue Knob. He is excited about our little gathering and is brain storming to see what he can "do" for us. Either he, or one of his staff should be on here in the near future to let everyone know what that might be.

Also, if anyone wants to bring a friend or family member that would be willing to take photos and possibly video, that would be awesome! I'll even let that person (assuming they are responsible :wink: ) use my camera/camcorder. Not that it is the best thing in the world, but it takes 7 mp stills and HD video.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Hi Putterman,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread. I think I can make the Sunday race. It's possible there will be an ASRA race at Roundtop that weekend, but if there is, it will probably be on Sunday. I mentioned it to another guy we race with who lives in Rockville, MD, and he may join us, too.

Thanks for organizing this.

VAskier, I too, can only make it on Sunday. I've got Saturday plans.

Hey, if you want to carpool up, let me know. One way or another, you'll probably be passing pretty nearby me. I plan to drive up anyway, so if you only want to spend gas money for the first hour (to my house or a park and ride alone 70 or something), the next two hours can be on me. Let me know.

If anyone else wants or needs a lift up, let me know. I've got a full 4 door 3/4 ton Chevy pickup. So PLENTY of space for gear in the bed, and we've done a trip to Canada with 4 people (8 hour drive) quite comfortably.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

+ Reply to Thread