+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Forum Meeting

Well, I made a few calls to some of the Forum Members (those who's numbers I have) and kicked around some dates. It looks like Sunday February 28, 2010 was the date that the most people were free. The 14th made it hard for guys to be away from wives, the 21st is an ASRA race, so the 28th seemed like it should work best.

Hope we can get a decent turn out. For those of you who I have already talked to that have said you can make it, please post here to let others know, too. Misery loves company and people don't want to think they'll be the only ones! For those whom I haven't spoken to, if you can make it, please let us know!

Hope to see ya then...
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

What are the details again please?
    Powered by Stockli/Marker/Technica ~ Because Gear Matters

Ummmm, Sunday Feb 28thhhhhhh, OH, that's probably not what you meant... :mrgreen: .

Blue Knob usually runs Nastar from 12:30 to 4:00. (They post as starting at Noon, but 12:30 is more accurate...) They have a descent mountain so if you want to free ski, you can get an all day ticket. But if you only want to race, I would suggest getting the 4 hour flex ticket. I think it is $45. Your 4 hours starts when you buy the ticket. And unless you plan to race all 4 hours, you can still get some free skiing in if you want.

Last year when we got together at Wisp, there was nothing formal. It was a time to meet new people and put faces and names together. We all raced. Afterwards, we grabbed a bite at one of the bars in the lodge.

Sorry, since I live 2 hours from the resort, and am not directly affiliated with them, I (unlike Jamie when he hosted) am not able to create a cookout type atmosphere. Actually, you wouldn't want one there anyway... The resort is at the top of the mountain, not at the mild base. So, I would presume that when racing is done, we can all meet up at the bar and mingle. They usually have a live band...not always, but I think more often than not. The resort is very, well, homey. I think it is the area's best kept skiing secret. Rarely ever crowded. By that I mean short lift lines without wall to wall skiers on the slopes. Compared to the other resorts around here anyway. That said, the lodge is relatively small. So, when getting lunch (if you try around the popular noon), yeah, it seems packed...but that is just because of the limited space, not because there are THAT many people.

I don't know the particulars about what the resort will or won't do for "groups", but I can ask. If I know, say, a week before the outting, how many we plan to be, I could ask if we could reserve a table in the bar at about 4:00 or something like that. I could also as the GM of the resort if he wanted to "do" anything to support the outting. I would however need to know how many were planning on attending, so he could decide what if anything he could put together. I'm just brain storming here.

Were there any specifics you wanted/needed to know?
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Blue Knob, Claysburg PA. That's what I wasn't sure of. I may be able to swing it. I'll let you know. Thanks.