+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Notes from the Midwest Open at Crystal Mountain

Sounds like ya'll had a blast. What a great course and hill. Thanks for the pics. You have me SO STOKED for the Eastern Open. I just can't wait! Well, I still haven't heard about who from the forum will be attending, but hopefully, there will be some postings when the date comes nearer so we can get some pics of forum members.

Congrats to all that participated and won medals. Great showing. I'm sure you'll have even more next year.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

unable to find final results, anyone see them anywhere?
    want to send a link to friends and family as well as the Perfect North/OVSC racing family
    I know the forum family/OVSC placed at least 3 on the ROC podium (1 female and 2 male)

I have a new favorite memory - Seeing an actual smile on my son's face when the last male came through the finish and Bill M announced that the discounted time was not enough to make the podium leaving Cinci Jr at the top of the podium.

Rodney / Stephanie, thank you so much for the help and taking pictures of Cinci Jr at the bottom while I was still up top. Hope to see you guys at Paoli and hope you come to either Top to Bottom or King of the Hill at P North
    Stephanie, congrats on your double Silver in the final - that's awesome
    Chase - congrats on your podium in the final - see you Thursday Night

Update for those aware of the bet, I lost, he won.....I do believe that Cinci Jr beat me straight up before discounted time by a 10th, so anyone know how much an I-Pod Nano 32 Gig costs? Can anyone tell me what that actually is..................

A great weekend was had by all! For all of those who missed the event, you must consider the Nastar Open at Windham! I especially enjoyed placing a face with the many Nastar forum members I met - cinciracer, great banana, chase and chitownchick! Congrats to cinciracer's son, Connor, who won the Men's Race of Champions . . . and thanks to my husband, Rodney, for getting a pic of me on Race of Champions podium for a second place finish (thanks to chitownchick for trying too!).

I have been looking for the ROC results since I missed the Men's event (ChiTownDude was itching to leave) but have not been able to find them either. I do not think the ROC times have been posted yet on the website. Congrats to Cinci, Jr for winning the Men's Alpine Race of Champions!

CTC :grin:

I have been looking for the ROC results since I missed the Men's event (ChiTownDude was itching to leave) but have not been able to find them either. I do not think the ROC times have been posted yet on the website. Congrats to Cinci, Jr for winning the Men's Alpine Race of Champions!

CTC :grin:[/b]
    And Big AL won the ROC overall snowboarder regional title. This was significant because this was the first time NASTAR broke out the category of hard boot snowboarders from the soft boot set ups, giving them different HC times, but still having them race in the same male snowboarders division. Just like free heal telemarkers having a different HC than skiers with locked down bindings. Thank you NASTAR, we may be able to grow the snowboarding racers numbers now that it is a more level playing field!

Congrats to Big Al! Sorry I missed seeing him win. Now they should have the different snowboard categories at Nationals too which will be great.....

CTC :cool:

And Big AL won the ROC overall snowboarder regional title. This was significant because this was the first time NASTAR broke out the category of hard boot snowboarders from the soft boot set ups, giving them different HC times, but still having them race in the same male snowboarders division. Just like free heal telemarkers having a different HC than skiers with locked down bindings. Thank you NASTAR, we may be able to grow the snowboarding racers numbers now that it is a more level playing field![/b]
    Wow. I hadn't heard there was going to be a distinction. Nice!

Way to go Big Al!!!!

Sounds like everyone had a great time and the Forum was very well represented on the podium. Congrats to all!

How many total racers were there? I'm looking forward to Windham!
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Wow. I hadn't heard there was going to be a distinction. Nice!

Way to go Big Al!!!!

Sounds like everyone had a great time and the Forum was very well represented on the podium. Congrats to all!

How many total racers were there? I'm looking forward to Windham![/b]
    We had no idea they were going to make the distinction until the actual race was scored.

Here's some numbers.

102 Racers total:
    35 kids 1-10, on Cheers
    17 kids 11-20, on Buck
    33 adults 21-54, on Buck
    17 adults 55-100, on Cheers

One of the nicest things was that a local racing team volunteered their group for the weekend to run coats, report times, do pre- runs, slip courses, keep non racers out of race venues, etc. All this was much appreciated and made things run very efficiently.

2 Questions on the open.
    1. DOes anyone know who was doing the filming of the race and do they have an ROC DVD available?
    2. Did mountain memories take pictures on Sunday? None posted so far, I called them but they have not called back yet

I don't know the answer to either cinciracer question, and have one of my own. Does anyone know where the ROC results are? I can't find them and nothing is posted on my race record.

I thought the Mountain Memories photography was very well done, certainly better than Sharpshooters at Steamboat. The only bad picture they took was mine! Otherwise I thought all of the others came out really well. It would be great if they took ROC pictures.

I hope someone knows.

CTC :cool:

+ Reply to Thread