+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Nastar Open at Crystal Mountain

Be interesting to see who shows.[/b]
    I'll be there. Don't know if they will have me on Buck, but whatever hill they have me on (these are hills, not mountains, by the way), if I skid my way through them that's fine. Better to have raced and lost than not to have raced at all!

Looking forward to it and seeing Forum friends!

ChiTownChick :cool:

Or Smokey at Nubs.
    Unless you are a very young and strong GS racer you will be skidding to control your speed instead of carving to gain speed.
    Add some ruts and the chattering will be tough.
    AJ used long, 21m radius skis at the pacesetter trials on this hill.
    The hot setup for many will be very dampened slalom skis according to some USSA racers I know.
    Be interesting to see who shows.[/b]
    AJ used a 186 GS with a 27m radius. The "hot setup" for a GS course is never a slalom ski. For those that aren't confident in being able to carve a GS ski, I would recommend a 175ish cheater GS (17 to 19m) or at worst, a recreational carver with a radius of 16 to 18. A slalom ski (12 to 13m radius) would not be appropriate under any circumstances.

Dakine, you are building this thing up like it is some sort of sheer cliff. Chitownchick is right.... we are talking about CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN, MICHIGAN! I would have no issue sending my 5 year old down that course. He wouldn't win, but he certainly wouldn't be in danger :roll:
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

I was just looking at the event schedule online and according to that 10 year olds and younger and 55 and older will be racing on cheers. My son is 10 and I am 55 so I guess we will be racing on cheers even though we are both platinum. Hope to see and meet some racers come Saturday.

My husband and I are both registered and will be racing on Buck and, am really looking forward to it! Every time we have been to Crystal, they have done a great job with Nastar. Hope to see lots of forum friends there!

I intend to be there as well.
    Going to try and run the friday night race at nubs since adults don't run until noon

hope to see u there, look for me. (White POC helmet - blk/white spyder suit (Look like shamu with the gut i'm sporting) Atomic 182

I am also going to run the GS race on Valley at Nubs on Fri. Then I will be driving down to Beulah. My suit is yellow/red Spyder with a red Marker helmet. Hope to see you at Nubs Cinci.

I hope to be there for the Friday night Masters race too, but I'm going to MACC race on Sat at Boyne - sorry NASTAR Open is out of my price range this season.

I'll look for you guys at the top of the hill
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

I've free-skied down both of the courses that Crystal will use for the Open just fine before, but they're steeper than an average NASTAR course and I'm a bit apprehensive about my ability to turn gates on them at this point.[/b]
    It seems my mental trailmap was a little off. I remembered Buck correctly, but I was thinking that Cheers was the run that's actually called Thor, way, way to skier's left. I hope my comment above didn't scare off anybody who was scheduled to run Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread