+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nastar Open

Registration is open! I'm registered and hotel is booked. We'll need to have a forum get together for all attending. Hope to see ya'll there!

I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Hey Putterman, good to see you back in the Forum!

I registered for the Midwest Open at Crystal Mountain, am all set. Looking forward to it. Let's hope it gets cold enough to snow soon, can't wait to get out there! Its been really warm here but is supposed to get cold on Thanksgiving.

We'll fill you in on the Midwest Open since we are a month before the Eastern Open.

Welcome back,

ChiTownChick :cool:

Hopefully, the lack of response isn't indicative of people's intentions...

If so, the skeptics might have been right about the East not turning out the numbers for an event that the Mid-West and West draw.

That would be sad.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Nahhh. It's just that most people aren't skiing yet. Let them do a couple runs through the gates first. Most people are focused on getting through the holidays alive.

Nahhh. It's just that most people aren't skiing yet. Let them do a couple runs through the gates first. Most people are focused on getting through the holidays alive.[/b]
    I agree, I think people just aren't there yet. I registered for the Midwest Open and received confirmation in my e-mail, but I do not see a confirmation when I click on the icon on my racing record. Also, it looks like they don't have a list of who has registered yet. So maybe Nastar isn't quite there yet either, still getting things worked out.

I think the opens will be well attended, although some have other racing commitments already for that weekend. I am very glad Nastar is doing this! If these Opens become annual events then people will plan for them .....

CTC :cool:

My kids are planning to race in the Mid West Open. I am just not sure if all of them will be racing or not; I am waiting to sign them up at the same time.

My guess is the Mid-West open will have pretty good attendance. However, it is more expensive than most of the club races and since the economy isn't too great around here, that would be my only concern. I think they made a terrific decision having it at Crystal....a lot more Michigan skiers could make it happen as a day trip if they choose (as compared to farther North). This reduces the cost a lot! Farther North would be fun in a better economy.

Think snow!

I'm hoping to participate. It looks like it's going to be logistically impossible to do both boarding and skiing:

"At each race venue, competitors will be seeded by age within their gender group. The physically challenged, snowboard and telemark divisions will race first followed by the alpine divisions."

If I'm reading that right, I'll need to board, ski, board, and ski. Even boarding in my ski boots (which can be done but not very well), I may not be able to get back to the starting line in time for my turn on skis.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

I'm considering registering, but haven't yet. Mostly because I'm wondering if I'll be the only dork without a speedsuit...can anyone who went last year comment?

Living in Indiana, would you be going to the Midwest or Eastern event? In either case I wouldn't worry about speedsuits. I didn't attend the event at Sunday River last year but have gone to five Nationals and there were plenty of folks without speedsuits. As I recall there were even a few dorks in speedsuits.....

We're sold out of last year's Spyder GS suits but I may be getting a Men's Large returned as it's too big for the customer. If so, it will be available for $245 (MSRP is $450).
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

I'm considering registering, but haven't yet. Mostly because I'm wondering if I'll be the only dork without a speedsuit...can anyone who went last year comment?[/b]

Chase,

I won't be in a speedsuit and have participated in 5 Nationals without one. So you and I can be dorks together, although frankly some of the people in speedsuits...well...........I'll leave it at that....

Last month I bought a brand new Spyder speedsuit (black and pink) that is now hanging in my closet serving as my incentive to continue to lose weight. I have lost 20 pounds but want to lose another 30-40 over the next year and will wear the speedsuit next winter. I look at it daily when I want to go off my diet. I will be able to fit in it by March probably but will wait until next year.

CTC :cool:

+ Reply to Thread