+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Atlantic Forum Meeting (Sunday, March 1st. 2-4PM)

Howdy, y'all! I just spoke with 79bombi at Wisp Resort in Western Maryland to try to put together a time for all of us who have met before and want to get together again, and for all of us that keep saying we want to get together, but haven't yet to meet up. If you have ever wanted to try Wisp's NASTAR course, NOW IS THE TIME. From my understanding, they will be moving their NASTAR course from Squirrel Cage (a nice steep slope) to a more gentle run. Get there before they move it!

Also, if you are planning on going to Nationals, you HAVE to do this. I don't know about you guys, but most of the NASTAR courses around here are NOT what you will find at Steamboat. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for what Nationals will be like, and to practice on something similar to what you will be on.

If you are not planning on going to Nationals, come anyway. It'll be great to put new faces with old names, and see familiar faces again.

I will PM some of you, if I don't PM you, come anyway! The more the merrier. So far my brother (flyin' Ian) and his girlfriend (Tater), 79bombi, and I will be there.

Where: Wisp Ski Resort, Western Maryland
    When: Sunday, March 1st. Nastar will run from 2-4
    Why: BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO!!!!!!!

Hope we get a real turnout!
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Great idea--I'll have to catch up with you next time. I'll be at Whiteface, NY, for ASRA finals! :grin:

Howdy, y'all! I just spoke with 79bombi at Wisp Resort in Western Maryland to try to put together a time for all of us who have met before and want to get together again, and for all of us that keep saying we want to get together, but haven't yet to meet up. If you have ever wanted to try Wisp's NASTAR course, NOW IS THE TIME. From my understanding, they will be moving their NASTAR course from Squirrel Cage (a nice steep slope) to a more gentle run. Get there before they move it!

Also, if you are planning on going to Nationals, you HAVE to do this. I don't know about you guys, but most of the NASTAR courses around here are NOT what you will find at Steamboat. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for what Nationals will be like, and to practice on something similar to what you will be on.

If you are not planning on going to Nationals, come anyway. It'll be great to put new faces with old names, and see familiar faces again.

I will PM some of you, if I don't PM you, come anyway! The more the merrier. So far my brother (flyin' Ian) and his girlfriend (Tater), 79bombi, and I will be there.

Where: Wisp Ski Resort, Western Maryland
    When: Sunday, March 1st. Nastar will run from 2-4
    Why: BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO!!!!!!!

Hope we get a real turnout![/b]
    Can't get there that weekend, we have to be in Missouri for the Big 12 championships, (women's swimming), watching my daughter race for UT. Sounds like great fun, I mean training!

I hope there will be enough snow to race. Maybe we will have to rent grass skis!
    "Not always fast... but always on edge!"
    CRU143

What part of YOU HAVE TO don't you understand!
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Damn...if it wasn't 5 hours away I'd go! Since when is almost being in WV Mid-Atlantic? You have a private plane putterman :)?

It's a bit far for for me for a day trip. PA or North Jersey I could do as they're easily a 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive. However, I imagine that the snow might be a bit better there...especially if we get more of this insanely warm weather!

P.S.
    Check out Blue Mountain's course, it's on a black diamond too. I been down it on non-race days...it's pretty quick.
    Atomic SL12 165
    Lange RX 100
    Leki TTB SL

Yeah, it is a bit south for Mid Atlantic, but believe it or not, we are still considered M-A. As a matter of fact there are a lot of businesses in this region called Mid Atlantic X,Y, and Z. And no, I don't have a private jet, it is a little over two hours for me. I guess I would also liken this as convenient a Mid Atlantic meeting as Maine is for an Eastern Open. :wink: But I have wanted to race their course for years now, and just haven't put my foot down and done it. Now I am. Anywho, sorry to hear that you can't make it. Of course, you could make a weekend out of it...the area is quite beautiful. You can PM 79bombi re: places to stay and things to do while there. The slope side chalets are akin to what you would find out West. Ah, think about it...
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

I hope there will be enough snow to race. Maybe we will have to rent grass skis![/b]

Just got back 30 minutes ago. Plenty of snow. They had to run the groomers mid-day today to break up the ice from last nights temp change. Last year they put some snow cannons on Squirrel Cage like Hunter MTN. I was at Seven Springs yesterday and we have more snow than they do (although their super pipe is freakin awesome).

Wisp Web Cams

SWEET! I can't wait!Thanks for the shots, Steve. That's gotta drum up some interest.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

+ Reply to Thread