+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lodging for Nationals

Just booked a room at the Inn at Steamboat for the Nationals - $109 per night - 1 mile from gondola, private shuttle, pool, hot tub, just renovated, contential breakfast -
    according to Steamboat Central reservations it is great -
    Check it out!!!

Already did! Booked and looking forward to it! It will be the first time going for me, my husband, and my son.

So did I! Thanks for the tip. The husband and I have been sitting on the fence (he does not ski but Steamboat has fun snowshoe trails for him) but at that price we decided to make the plunge. So we'll see ya at the Inn at Steamboat!

Also, American has a dirt cheap direct flight from Chicago into Hayden....$229 round trip. What a deal. Of course the baggage fees are up but at that price it won't hurt so bad....

See you there!

ChiTownChick :grin:

ChiTown--I just clicked on your race record, and saw that you are also in my age group (as is LBWalkup)--lots of us "young gals" on this board. Good to see! We should try to meet up at Steamboat (especially since we're staying at the same place).

Too bad your husband doesn't ski--he could take your coat down! :grin:

I got airfare from Detroit on NW for $274 each - thinking of shipping our skis - check with the Inn at Steamboat they have the name of a company that does that - pickup at your house - deliver to the inn - and pick up at the
    inn and ship back to your house - keeps the airline from losing them

VAskier, that sounds like a great idea. We should meet up at the Inn. I see you are from Alexandria, Va. I go in to Alexandria about once a month on business and just love it. The business trips get old but Old Town makes it manageable although I shop too much and eat too much when I am in Alexandria.

I usually ask someone else's husband to take my coat down...last year the husband of the woman who won gold in our bronze division did it for me. They were the nicest couple from Marquette Mtn in Michigan. I will have to find someone new this year, unless they come again.

See ya there!

ChiTownChick (Judy) :cool:

I'm glad to hear you enjoy your time in Alexandria. We're bracing ourselves here for the inauguration onslaught (I plan to watch it on TV at my cousin's house!).

That sounds like fun to meet up at the Inn. I'm guessing there will be some kind of "forum friends" get together, too, at some point (or just try to meet up at the Sat. night party--don't know how hard that would be, with so many people!). We can exchange details when the time is closer. We are planning to travel on Wednesday, and take the clinic on Thursday.

I'm looking forward to going to Steamboat (although I'm a little apprehensive about the number of people that will be there--hope they are organized!!).

.last year the husband of the woman who won gold in our bronze division did it for me. They were the nicest couple from Marquette Mtn in Michigan.
    ChiTownChick (Judy) :cool:[/b]
    Belongie's?
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

877-424-6423800-828-7702877-245-6343970-879-1211Count me in. Just booked the Inn at Steamboat.

In years past I've done the Comfort Inn and the Hotel Bristol (nice but got pricier this year).

The I@S says they have WiFi - I plan to do another daily diary this year. If this is your first trip to the Nationals, check out my diary from last year to get a flavor of the event.

They also have separate Queen beds available in the rooms, continental breakfast, small refrigerators, and both the town shuttle and a private shuttle. Throw in a heated outdoor pool and hot tub and it looks like a winner.

I'm staying from Wednesday Night, the 25th and checking out Monday morning, the 30th. Cost as you mentioned is a very affordable $109/night. Be aware that a 17.5% resort tax applies so that the total cost for the five nights is $640.54.

If they run out of rooms, here are some other reasonable cost possibilities:

Comfort Inn 877-424-6423
    Rabbit Ears 800-828-7702
    Bunkhouse 877-245-6343
    Celebrity Resorts 970-879-1211
    Hotel Bristol 800-851-0872

If you're flying into Hayden, take Alpine Taxi to your hotel. Cost roundtrip is $52.04.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Jamie,

Yes, they were the Belongies. What a nice couple! She tore up the course and did better then all the silvers even though she was in the bronze division. She was our hero.

I hope they participate again this year.

:cool:

+ Reply to Thread