+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks for sharing again this season

Steve,

Thanks for taking time out of your schedule again. My question to you is about step turns. Some of the most fastest racers I see (not world cup class) seem to do quite a bit of power skating and step turns of some sort around gates. But most state that a carved and flexed ski is the fastest. Can you comment on gaining power and speed with or without do a step turn or a skating move?

To maintain a craving ski you have to be in the front of your boot. If you push forward on your boot it will transfer that energy up to the tip of the ski. Skis have side cut so when they are on edge and pressured they will automaticaly carve. So the more pressure on the fornt of the boot the tighter the carve.
    It is really hard to muscle this position so I like to think about stacking my bones. Basically using an efficent body position not to expend much energy so I can do this the whole way down the course.
    I dont think the skating move works unless it is really low speeds and you are trying to gain speed.
    Just think to projedt you energy from turn to turn.

Steve,

Thanks for taking time out of your schedule again. My question to you is about step turns. Some of the most fastest racers I see (not world cup class) seem to do quite a bit of power skating and step turns of some sort around gates. But most state that a carved and flexed ski is the fastest. Can you comment on gaining power and speed with or without do a step turn or a skating move?[/b]

To maintain a craving ski you have to be in the front of your boot. If you push forward on your boot it will transfer that energy up to the tip of the ski. Skis have side cut so when they are on edge and pressured they will automaticaly carve. So the more pressure on the fornt of the boot the tighter the carve.
    It is really hard to muscle this position so I like to think about stacking my bones. Basically using an efficent body position not to expend much energy so I can do this the whole way down the course.
    I dont think the skating move works unless it is really low speeds and you are trying to gain speed.
    Just think to projedt you energy from turn to turn.[/b]
    Can you explain elaborate some more what you mean by stacking your bones? I pretty much follow the rest of your comments. Thank you. Something to work on in the early season.

+ Reply to Thread