+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Kaylin Richardson - Movement Analysis

Thumbs up

Movement Analysis

At each level of your development (Team Gilboa, MN; USSA development camps, U.S. Ski Team) what video movement analysis software like DartFish (Simulcam, Stromotion), V1 Sports, etc. did you have access to? How has it specifically helped you to improve as a racer (any specific habit(s)/movement(s) that it helped you to correct)?

Good question- It wasn't until I made the Devo team when I was 15 that I was introduced to Dartfish and real video analysis programs. On gilboa we watched our own video and WC video at length which was great, but there are some tools on Dartfish that are very helpful. My personal favorite is when you do side by side comparisons. It is not until you and another racer are on a screen right next to one another that you can see the big differences. For me dartfish has been the most valuable when it comes to negotiating my line in a course. I can watch other racers and see what a good position is and this far in my career the fundamentals have been drilled so hard I know what a good positon looks like and how it feels (even if I don't always have one!) However, especially in the speed events, there are occasionally sections in a course I cannot figure out. When an instance like that arises I like using the side by side comparison to see my line and the correct line. It provides a perfect visual and shows me exactly where I need to pressure the ski and what I need to do differently to be in the right place.

+ Reply to Thread