+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lake Louise DH VS. Alyeska

Hi Kaylin,

How are you? You are the US National DH Champ! A question, is Alyeska DH track similar to Lake Louise? Pitch? Length? Terrain?

Which event are you having the most success at right now? SL? GS? SG? or DH?

Best of luck at Lake Louise!

sr55

http://www.skiracing.com/index.php?option=...57&Itemid=2

Hello! And if I am guessing right I think that I can guess who this is and I am sorry that I missed you in CO- it was such a busy camp and I had next to no time. Next time I am in CO you, your daughter, and I will have to get together. If this makes no sense I apologize and disregard everything above.

Now to your questions:

Alyeska and Lake Louise are somewhat similar in that they require a little bit of everything- gliding, tricky technical sections, and jumping to name a few. their speeds and terrain are very comparable as well. The largest discrepancy I would say is that lake Louise has one very key section (that I have yet to nail- this week I plan to though!) called fish net. It is a large turn that you have to be super patient in and then onto a pitch. Alyeska is a challenging course, but the transitions were easier, at least for me, to negotiate.

I feel that SG is strongest right now; when my slalom is on I am confident in it as well, but, as you know, ski racing is an unpredictable sport- one of the many reasons I love it! Lastly, I am doing very well- I feel healthy and ready to have some fun on this DH course!

Thanks so much,
    Kaylin

[quote]
    Hello! And if I am guessing right I think that I can guess who this is and I am sorry that I missed you in CO- it was such a busy camp and I had next to no time. Next time I am in CO you, your daughter, and I will have to get together.

Kaylin,

You are correct. Next time you are in CO lets grab sushi again.

Now kick some b___ there in LL.

Good Luck,

Kevin

+ Reply to Thread