+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions for Steven Nyman - Where to go to now?

Hi Steve, first let me say thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to come here and answer some questions.

I have a question, on what to do now in terms of getting more into challening races outside of NASTAR. I'm 23, didn't really start racing till 4 years ago, and am in love with it. I've had a huge performance gain this year, starting out silver, getting a couple golds, and kinda being in the middle, to now having two platinums my last 2 races, with my best handicap being a 4.98 (one of which isn't posted yet) Basicaly, my skiing has improved dramaticaly this year alone, and honeslty i'm left a lil empty, not so much in the skiing department, but kinda getting bored with the short NASTAR courses. I'm self-coached, so I have really no idea where to go at this point? Masters league? Don't most resort teams consist of younger children? I really have been excited by my development, and I'd love to see just how far I can go. I love skiing, and I love racing, but it kinda seems like i'm 10 years too late to do anything worthwhile with it. Suggestions?

Hi Steve, first let me say thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to come here and answer some questions.

I have a question, on what to do now in terms of getting more into challening races outside of NASTAR. I'm 23, didn't really start racing till 4 years ago, and am in love with it. I've had a huge performance gain this year, starting out silver, getting a couple golds, and kinda being in the middle, to now having two platinums my last 2 races, with my best handicap being a 4.98 (one of which isn't posted yet) Basicaly, my skiing has improved dramaticaly this year alone, and honeslty i'm left a lil empty, not so much in the skiing department, but kinda getting bored with the short NASTAR courses. I'm self-coached, so I have really no idea where to go at this point? Masters league? Don't most resort teams consist of younger children? I really have been excited by my development, and I'd love to see just how far I can go. I love skiing, and I love racing, but it kinda seems like i'm 10 years too late to do anything worthwhile with it. Suggestions?[/b]
    Happy for your progression. Yes, skiing is generally fostered at a younger age, but there are college programs available that could potentially get you into some better and more challenging races. I would suggest checking out what is available at local campuses. They generally offer good training regimens and circuits to test out your skills.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread