+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions for Steven Nyman - finish technique, free skiing drills, gate drills, speed suit

Thumbs up

What advice would you give in the following topics: finish technique, free skiing drills, gate drills, speed suit?

5. Finish Technique (tuck vs reach with one hand forward to break timing beam vs skating vs poling, line from last gate through finish)

6. Free Skiing Drills (thousand steps, one ski, unbuckled boots, Schlopy/Heisman, javelin, etc.)

7. Gate Drills (Wagner, Rosee, etc.)

8. Speed Suit - How much time is a speed suit worth on a typical 20 second NASTAR GS course? on a typical 70 second / 50 turn FIS GS course? a typical 50 second / 60 turn FIS SL course? Have you seen any data &/or know from personal experience about the speed suit gain?

I have heard anecdotal data that on the Park City 17 second NASTAR GS course compared to a speed suit: a vest/training shorts added 0.3 seconds, coat/suit bottoms added 0.75 seconds and coat/pants added 1.25 seconds; on a Marquette MI USSA 25 second course 0.8-1.1 seconds.

I am hoping that my questions may encourage other NASTAR forum members to participate in the online discussion with the U.S. Ski Team Ambassadors because of their interest in the topics mentioned in this thread or in new topics/questions prompted by this thread.

If you are interested in any of the topics mentioned in this thread, please post a response in this thread & mention the topic(s).

If you have new topic(s) &/or question(s), please feel free to create a new thread.

What advice would you give in the following topics: finish technique, free skiing drills, gate drills, speed suit?

5. Finish Technique (tuck vs reach with one hand forward to break timing beam vs skating vs poling, line from last gate through finish)

6. Free Skiing Drills (thousand steps, one ski, unbuckled boots, Schlopy/Heisman, javelin, etc.)

7. Gate Drills (Wagner, Rosee, etc.)

8. Speed Suit - How much time is a speed suit worth on a typical 20 second NASTAR GS course? on a typical 70 second / 50 turn FIS GS course? a typical 50 second / 60 turn FIS SL course? Have you seen any data &/or know from personal experience about the speed suit gain?

I have heard anecdotal data that on the Park City 17 second NASTAR GS course compared to a speed suit: a vest/training shorts added 0.3 seconds, coat/suit bottoms added 0.75 seconds and coat/pants added 1.25 seconds; on a Marquette MI USSA 25 second course 0.8-1.1 seconds.

I am hoping that my questions may encourage other NASTAR forum members to participate in the online discussion with the U.S. Ski Team Ambassadors because of their interest in the topics mentioned in this thread or in new topics/questions prompted by this thread.

If you are interested in any of the topics mentioned in this thread, please post a response in this thread & mention the topic(s).

If you have new topic(s) &/or question(s), please feel free to create a new thread.[/b]
    Finish Technique - Do whatever it is that you're most comfortable with. If you find something works better for you, then stick to that.

Drills - Do them all. They will all make you a better skier. But do not rely on them. Ski and feel your skis, that is most important.

Speed suits - They definitely make a difference, but specifics I do not know. I know that they are more aerodynamic and that will cut your time down.

+ Reply to Thread