+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Steve

Was (is) there a particular coach that stands out in your career? What did that person do to make an impact?

As you look back at your experience through the development pipeline, what suggestions do you have for USSA youth clubs to improve athlete development?

What things are you working on in your skiing? How do you go about improving them?

Last - THANKS for spending time with us!

Modern Ski Racing
    visit us at http://www.modernskiracing.com

Was (is) there a particular coach that stands out in your career? What did that person do to make an impact?

As you look back at your experience through the development pipeline, what suggestions do you have for USSA youth clubs to improve athlete development?

What things are you working on in your skiing? How do you go about improving them?

Last - THANKS for spending time with us![/b]
    I had a couple of coaches that affected me in more ways than one. They were Mike Day and Rob Clayton. The thing that set them apart from the others was their honesty. If I sucked they told me, if I was good they told me, but that suits my personality. A good coach is one that can determine what each individual needs and works with what best suits them.
    My suggestion for the youth clubs is to keep it fun. There needs to be a good balance of ski progression as well as enjoying your time on the hill.
    There are so many different aspects with my skiing that I am constantly trying to work on. Its hard to be specific to just one. Constant adjustments and small manipulations to continually improve.

+ Reply to Thread