+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Off season Work out

Hey Jimmy,
    First, welcome to the NASTAR forum!! I hope you check in periodically. Until we start beating you down the hill we can always use the advice. Heck, you probably ride the chair lift faster then most of us. :grin: If nothing else, we are one big family here so the more the merrier.

Second, can you discuss any off season, off snow workout programs that would be helpful for very novice skiers.

Third, Was OJ really innocent? Oh wait this is Jimmy not Johnny. Sorry just trying to loosen things up a bit.

Hope you check in again,
    Best wishes,
    Jerry (bmorecopper)
    Go hard or get outta my way.

Hey Jimmy,
    First, welcome to the NASTAR forum!! I hope you check in periodically. Until we start beating you down the hill we can always use the advice. Heck, you probably ride the chair lift faster then most of us. :grin: If nothing else, we are one big family here so the more the merrier.

Second, can you discuss any off season, off snow workout programs that would be helpful for very novice skiers.

Third, Was OJ really innocent? Oh wait this is Jimmy not Johnny. Sorry just trying to loosen things up a bit.

Hope you check in again,
    Best wishes,
    Jerry (bmorecopper)[/b]

I think there's something to be gained from just about every other sport out there. However, here's a few that I particularly enjoy doing for cross training.
    Mtn. Biking: Besides making you fit and your legs strong, mtn. biking calls for the abilty to react to oncoming obstacles much the way skiing does. I live in Park City where the mtn biking is nothing short of amazing.
    Soccer: The quick lateral movements in soccer are a wonderful way to prepare for the fast direction changes of slalom. Basketball also is good for this.
    Waterskiing: This one is pretty obvious.
    Hiking: I run down every downhill. This makes for quick feet, good balance, and it makes those thighs burn just like skiing! This is my favorite way to train for skiing in the summer.
    And yes OJ was innocent...

+ Reply to Thread