+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lodging at Steamboat

Two years ago I flew into Denver, rented a Cherokee and drove 5 hours to Steamboat where I stayed at the Super 8.

This year I'm flying into Hayden and staying at the Bristol Hotel. My daughter has stayed there and really liked it. If anyone is interested, they have 3 rooms left. Rates for Mondays - Thursdays are $119 plus resort fees and taxes and Fridays - Sundays are $129. They gave me a 10% discount. The place has WiFi and a free shuttle to the mountain that runs every ten minutes.

Ironically it was cheaper to fly from Hartford to Hayden than from JFK or LaGuardia.

One caveat about flying into Hayden. I understand it's a smaller airport with smaller jets (I could be wrong about this) and they may be more strict about the size of your luggage. Since I travel with skis and a snowboard and two pair of boots, it's an issue. I'm sending my gear via UPS to the hotel ahead of time. The shuttle from Hayden to Steamboat runs about $49 round trip.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Ski Race Record
    NASTAR# MOO2023 Snowboard Race Record

SuburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Two years ago I flew into Denver, rented a Cherokee and drove 5 hours to Steamboat where I stayed at the Super 8.

This year I'm flying into Hayden and staying at the Bristol Hotel. My daughter has stayed there and really liked it. If anyone is interested, they have 3 rooms left. Rates for Mondays - Thursdays are $119 plus resort fees and taxes and Fridays - Sundays are $129. They gave me a 10% discount. The place has WiFi and a free shuttle to the mountain that runs every ten minutes.

Ironically it was cheaper to fly from Hartford to Hayden than from JFK or LaGuardia.

One caveat about flying into Hayden. I understand it's a smaller airport with smaller jets (I could be wrong about this) and they may be more strict about the size of your luggage. Since I travel with skis and a snowboard and two pair of boots, it's an issue. I'm sending my gear via UPS to the hotel ahead of time. The shuttle from Hayden to Steamboat runs about $49 round trip.[/b]
    In 2006 for Nationals, we flew AA - Chicago to Hayden direct - on a 757, so the big dogs do land there.........

.........Aspen is another story

And they allowed full luggage - ski bag, one other suitcase and the carry-ons - no problem. All depends on the airline, I guess.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Just keep eye on the weight of luggage they were weighing everything when we left last year. Just FYI--have fun!

I got in at the Super 8 for $102/night. Asked for the AAA discount. Half the time they don't even check!

Good luck to all :):)
    Go Hard or GO HOME!

+ Reply to Thread