+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Sandbagging, or is it?

Ok, I'm a littlle thick but I'm starting to catch on to how this works. If you get a low handicap before feb.18 you're a timing error. Get a low handicap after feb.18 and you're a sandbagger. maybe they could hand out different colored bibs, red for timing errors and blue for sandbaggers, at the nationals.[/b]

Very good. With your system of bib colors we'd know who was who.

Slats
    Lots of years, lots of fun.

I say we get rid of all these sandbaggers too.....

[attachment=54:Sandbagg...10_21_03.JPG]

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

I think the new system at Nationals should help with some of the sandbaggers. We will have to wait and see I guess. Some have suggested a seeding such as they have in golf tourneys. This sounds like a great idea. To go one step further, let there be some sort of recalculating by HQ when you check in at Steamboat. This way if you have raced after the dead line for qualifying your new score will be figured in as well. However, if someone really wants to sandbag they can get a handicap to qualify for Nationals then not race again until Nationals. To me it seems like a very small percentage may try this hard to cheat the system. IMHO, it seems the best thing to do is just do your best. If someone wants to cheat bad enough they can find away around any system. Cheating and cheaters SUCK! If it bothers you that bad then stay home and spend your money on something else.

Give them hell at Steamboat!!!!!!!!!!
    Copper

Go hard or get outta my way.

............ it seems the best thing to do is just do your best. If someone wants to cheat bad enough they can find away around any system. Cheating and cheaters SUCK! If it bothers you that bad then stay home and spend your money on something else.[/b]
    Excellent advice!

Vote with you feet, I say.
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

+ Reply to Thread